Moderator: zeussy

<<

ScottyG555

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: a virtual 4365hp 1969 Chevrolet Camaro SS

Post Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:29 pm

Re: Latest Engine Designer Developments

Awsome guys!!!!!! I noticed an aspiration tap, will we be able to put turbos on out engines??
<<

machalel

2-Star Beta Tester
2-Star Beta Tester

Cars: '01 Subaru Liberty B4

Post Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:55 pm

Daffyflyer wrote:
serothis wrote:So I watched it again and I had a few ideas. I think it would look a little more suspenseful (and more fun, albeit harder) if the engine failure warning came after the animated dyno run. Also it would be really cool if you guys could get the dyno graph to grow as the animation happens.

But these are just little thoughts. Either way what you guys got is looking really good. :D

EDIT: ok I read kubboz response on youtube to the growing graph. I still think it would be a cool feature and probably could just add a function to skip to the complete graph when you click the go button again. :P

I like the idea of seeing it grow but then being able to skip it, depends on how hard it is for Zeussy to impliment, but I agree that the suspense of not knowing how could could be cool, as long as you have the option to skip it if in a hurry. (which could also skip the animation and sounds, incase you were tired of listening to the same damned engine run up 20 times :P)

Really awesome video! So pumped for this, I can't wait for a demo!

Is it possible to have the graph "grow" as the engine moves up its RPM band, but have it all instantaneously appear if the "Start" button is pressed a second time?
Even if this was not possible, maybe a vertical line on the power/torque graph that moves across the RPM range with the engine?

A couple of questions / points. Tell me to shut my mouth or buzz off if I'm being too critical, or you know about it already, but i'm just trying to help :P
- Why are service intervals costed per 100kms? Why not per 1,000 or 10,000kms?
- When you click on "Top End", it is showing info about the muffler. I assume that's because it was the last thing modified? I would suggest that it changes to a bit of a high-level blurb about the Top End itself instead.
- Why are there 2 separate text boxes with information?
- I understand if you're not up to the point in the project where you are being critical of spelling & grammar, but I'll volunteer if you need someone (i'm actually a weirdo that enjoys proofreading) ;)
- On a similar note to above, I assume you know that this information has to be 100% spot on, as this sort of game is likely to bring all the anoraks out of the woods!
- If you have an overly large exhaust on a econo-box (or a similarly 'unbalanced' change) will the engine designer give that engine config less power/torque than a correctly sized exhaust?
- With the 'race' exhaust and individual throttles, the material cost ends up being cheaper and has better economy? Is that supposed to happen?
<<

serothis

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Post Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:15 am

ScottyG555 wrote:Awsome guys!!!!!! I noticed an aspiration tap, will we be able to put turbos on out engines??

Yes http://automationgame.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=137
<<

Orbitstrider

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: 2015 Subaru WRX

Post Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:32 pm

Pleasant surprise from the new updates. awesome work as always. don't have much to say other than what others have already said
<<

sparkyplug28

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Astra Van 1.9 CDTI 200bhp
Discovery TD5 189bhp
both remapped :D

Post Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:20 am

machalel wrote:
Daffyflyer wrote:
serothis wrote:- Why are service intervals costed per 100kms? Why not per 1,000 or 10,000kms?

its not hard to work out tho but maybe 1000kms would be better easier to relate to at a glance

or it could be a fixed cost but the time between services could change?

just thinking out loud

the new video looks amazing good to see v8's in there :)
<<

Leafy

Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter

Cars: 1994 Miata R-Package

Post Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:35 am

machalel wrote:- With the 'race' exhaust and individual throttles, the material cost ends up being cheaper and has better economy? Is that supposed to happen?

Not exactly surprising. Its been know that less restriction = less power loss = better economy, but that was a bit extreme, might require a bit of tweaking in whatever function generates that data.
WPI Class '12 ME
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Officer
WPI Motorsports Secretary
2002 Chevy Cavalier 5 spd MP62 SC with 2.8 pulley.

Automatics are for women and the disabled, they don't call it a MANual for nothing.
<<

zeussy

Developer - Lead Programmer
Developer - Lead Programmer

Cars: A crashed 1992 Suzuki Cappuccino

Post Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:18 pm

Economy, emssions, material costs still need work
Lead Progammer (The Guy that makes stuff happen!)

Follow us on
Twitter - http://twitter.com/AutomationGame
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/AutomationGame

Come chat to us at http://automationgame.com/irc
<<

porph

Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter

Post Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:15 am

Loving the progress.
<<

Punkal

Platinum Supporter
Platinum Supporter

Cars: 2011 Toyouta Aurion
2011 Triumph Daytona 675R
2015 Indian Scout

Post Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:39 pm

I watched the video again and receiving they keys I am going crazy... I want to play!!!

Good work guys its starting to look a lot more polished.
Previous

Return to News