Moderator: zeussy

<<

zeussy

Developer - Lead Programmer
Developer - Lead Programmer

Cars: A crashed 1992 Suzuki Cappuccino

Post Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:04 am

Sunday Update

We have got quite a bit done since the last update.

We have the basics of a lobby server setup, for finding, joining and creating multiplayer games. It is really basic at the moment, more of a proof of concept than anything usable. This does not mean that the game is anywhere near being done. I just needed something with bare bones functionality.

The basic core/backbone of multiplayer is working. You can join a game and then join a company. Currently the game supports 12 companies, with up to 4 players per company (yes the game is cooperative if you choose). So in theory that is a max of 48 players in a game, whether that actually games to fruition or not is a different matter. I am more thinking of a max of 32 players and up to 16 companies, but people can divvy themselves up among companies as they wish. E.g. A game with 8 companies 4 people each, or 16 companies with 2 people each.

The next major component we have been working on is the world map. The game will be comprised of 3 view levels:

An overall world view, giving a summary of info about what is occurring across your territories. With views of ships and trains hauling your produced cars around the globe.

A region level view, giving more details about a specific region, dealership management, car import, export and production numbers and basic finance information.

A plot level view. This shows your factories, part storage, car storage, research buildings etc. This is the view you manage production.

Overall view of the World Map Table (Click To Enlarge):

Region Level View (subject to much change) (Click To Enlarge):

(Click To Enlarge)

As there are routes between territories to export your cars either by train or ship, I had to make a tool to build the export routes. Here is a picture of my first pass at setting up the export routes. Within the game, you do not need to select any routes. You will select the countries you wish to export from and to, and how much you are willing to pay per car will determine the route and therefore speed taken. The more you pay, the faster your cars will arrive.

(Click To Enlarge)

We have not forgot about the Engine Designer, we will be resuming work on that shortly. Daffyflyer has moved into a new apartment, but does not have great internet yet, currently Internet access is provided by a wok (no joke). Once he is fully settled down we will do a push to get the Engine Designer released as a demo.

Lead Progammer (The Guy that makes stuff happen!)

Follow us on
Twitter - http://twitter.com/AutomationGame
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/AutomationGame

Come chat to us at http://automationgame.com/irc
<<

fordford

Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter

Cars: subaru legacy spec b

Post Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:14 am

Re: Sunday Update

loving it,i think your doing a fantastic job.been waiting ages for new pictures lol. :D
<<

Caitlin

Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:36 pm

Re: Sunday Update

Psh, Caswal, don't diss wok-fi! If it works, it works. And if it looks like an adorable, !SPAM!, then even better :P

Return to News