FAQ  •  Login

Body Modifications

<<

Dragawn

User avatar

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Posts: 391

Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:02 am

Cars: A high tech sportscar consisting entirely of air!

Post Tue May 20, 2014 7:41 am

Re: Body Modifications

Not sure if I should laugh or cry now, he probably could've bought a real wrx sti with the money he spent on the modifications :lol:
<<

07CobaltGirl

User avatar

Queen of Track Building

Posts: 1613

Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:47 am

Location: Atlanta, GA, USA

Cars: Chevy Cobalt

Post Tue May 20, 2014 2:50 pm

Re: Body Modifications

OK, WTF is that? It isn't a Subraru.........is it?
<<

Daffyflyer

User avatar

Developer - Lead Artist
Developer - Lead Artist

Posts: 3444

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:36 pm

Location: Wellington, New Zealand

Cars: 1993 Mazda Lantis Type R V6 Racecar, 2006 BMW 530i

Post Tue May 20, 2014 3:26 pm

Re: Body Modifications

3d Artist, Game Designer, Marketing Guy

Follow us on
Twitter - http://twitter.com/AutomationGame
ModDB - http://www.moddb.com/games/automation
Facebook - http://goo.gl/omJzt
Chat http://automationgame.com/irc
<<

WizzyThaMan

User avatar

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Posts: 2221

Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:39 am

Location: The Netherlands

Cars: Citroën Saxo, Mazda 2

Post Wed May 21, 2014 10:11 pm

Re: Body Modifications

It is... thanks Daff for the link!
Image
Founder of AutomationHub, for all your Automation needs!
Please visit us at: http://www.automationhub.net
Like our facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/automationhub
Our livestream channel: http://www.twitch.tv/automationhub
<<

WizzyThaMan

User avatar

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Posts: 2221

Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:39 am

Location: The Netherlands

Cars: Citroën Saxo, Mazda 2

Post Thu May 22, 2014 6:16 am

Re: Body Modifications

As we all know,Mustangs quite look the same with just minor changes in body looks with every new model.
Now the new Ford Mustang is coming out, and I saw this picture on my Facebook:

Image

Not bad huh? (Pic saying, 3 more days )

BUT!!! It wouldnt be posted here if there wasnt a but.
Check out this:

Image

Its a simple cutout of the pic above.
Now be honest. That could just as well be a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo XI or something like that, right?
When I saw the pic, it looked like an Evo to me, especially with those headlights. When you think away the big grill that makes it a mustang.
Is this a good thing? Is this a bad thing? I don't know. Somehow I think it is losing a bit of 'character', it's own 'face', for that matter.
Sure it's a decent facelift, but I don't get that real brutal american feeling to it.

What do you lot think?
Image
Founder of AutomationHub, for all your Automation needs!
Please visit us at: http://www.automationhub.net
Like our facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/automationhub
Our livestream channel: http://www.twitch.tv/automationhub
<<

Jakgoe

User avatar

Supercharged
Supercharged

Posts: 2104

Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:25 am

Location: United States of America

Cars: 1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL,
1994 Mercedes-Benz S600

Post Thu May 22, 2014 6:21 am

Re: Body Modifications

Well, Ford is trying to move away from the retro look of the last-gen Mustang. When the Mustang made its original debut, it was a very futuristic design. Ford is trying to create a design that reflects the heritage of the car, while giving it a more modern look.
World #1 Ranked Automation Player!

Co-Owner of the World Rally Team

Smolensk Motors Showroom

Smolensk Tuning

We will continue the Epic Rap Battles of Automation.
<<

WizzyThaMan

User avatar

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Posts: 2221

Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:39 am

Location: The Netherlands

Cars: Citroën Saxo, Mazda 2

Post Thu May 22, 2014 6:59 am

Re: Body Modifications

Jakgoe wrote:Well, Ford is trying to move away from the retro look of the last-gen Mustang. When the Mustang made its original debut, it was a very futuristic design. Ford is trying to create a design that reflects the heritage of the car, while giving it a more modern look.


I understand that they want to move into a modern look. But don't you agree with me that you can achieve so many modern looks, but yet this one they chose, looks a lot like the particular car I named earlier? Yes nowadays it's hard to create a unique look. But atleast try to pick something that isn't so known on a particular car or brand. Imagine they put in Angle eyes headlights, like BMW has been doing? Or the big air intake on the hood like an Impreza WRX STi has been doing for the last 20 years? Sure the car looks nice, but in my opinion, they really needed a different approach....
Image
Founder of AutomationHub, for all your Automation needs!
Please visit us at: http://www.automationhub.net
Like our facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/automationhub
Our livestream channel: http://www.twitch.tv/automationhub
<<

Jakgoe

User avatar

Supercharged
Supercharged

Posts: 2104

Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:25 am

Location: United States of America

Cars: 1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL,
1994 Mercedes-Benz S600

Post Thu May 22, 2014 8:27 am

Re: Body Modifications

WizzyThaMan wrote:
Jakgoe wrote:Well, Ford is trying to move away from the retro look of the last-gen Mustang. When the Mustang made its original debut, it was a very futuristic design. Ford is trying to create a design that reflects the heritage of the car, while giving it a more modern look.


I understand that they want to move into a modern look. But don't you agree with me that you can achieve so many modern looks, but yet this one they chose, looks a lot like the particular car I named earlier? Yes nowadays it's hard to create a unique look. But atleast try to pick something that isn't so known on a particular car or brand. Imagine they put in Angle eyes headlights, like BMW has been doing? Or the big air intake on the hood like an Impreza WRX STi has been doing for the last 20 years? Sure the car looks nice, but in my opinion, they really needed a different approach....

What do you mean by "a different approach"?
World #1 Ranked Automation Player!

Co-Owner of the World Rally Team

Smolensk Motors Showroom

Smolensk Tuning

We will continue the Epic Rap Battles of Automation.
<<

WizzyThaMan

User avatar

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Posts: 2221

Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:39 am

Location: The Netherlands

Cars: Citroën Saxo, Mazda 2

Post Thu May 22, 2014 10:16 am

Re: Body Modifications

Design it differently than they did now
Image
Founder of AutomationHub, for all your Automation needs!
Please visit us at: http://www.automationhub.net
Like our facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/automationhub
Our livestream channel: http://www.twitch.tv/automationhub
<<

Jakgoe

User avatar

Supercharged
Supercharged

Posts: 2104

Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:25 am

Location: United States of America

Cars: 1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL,
1994 Mercedes-Benz S600

Post Thu May 22, 2014 10:23 am

Re: Body Modifications

So abandon the original Mustang design and go with something entirely different? It would be interesting to see how Ford would do that.
World #1 Ranked Automation Player!

Co-Owner of the World Rally Team

Smolensk Motors Showroom

Smolensk Tuning

We will continue the Epic Rap Battles of Automation.
<<

WizzyThaMan

User avatar

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Posts: 2221

Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:39 am

Location: The Netherlands

Cars: Citroën Saxo, Mazda 2

Post Thu May 22, 2014 7:44 pm

Re: Body Modifications

No, the changes they did now to make it look modern, should be reverted and then look at other ways to make it look modern.
Image
Founder of AutomationHub, for all your Automation needs!
Please visit us at: http://www.automationhub.net
Like our facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/automationhub
Our livestream channel: http://www.twitch.tv/automationhub
<<

gt1cooper

User avatar

Naturally Aspirated

Posts: 390

Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:13 am

Location: Florida, US

Cars: 1969 Mustang GT
2014 Ram 1500 Hemi
2009 Infiniti M35s
2014 VW CC
2013 BMW 640i

Post Fri May 23, 2014 3:17 am

Re: Body Modifications

Have you guys seen it in person? I saw it in the Miami Auto show, and it looked very distinctively Mustang. The car is not 100% photogenic, as the pictures don't pick up all of the little aggressive cues on the car. In person, it does still look semi-retro. I think they did very well; consider the markets for it. They will still have the diehards, now they will have the people who want a slightly more understated car, and it can be less understated too depending on the color, splitter, spoiler, etc.
<<

Jakgoe

User avatar

Supercharged
Supercharged

Posts: 2104

Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:25 am

Location: United States of America

Cars: 1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL,
1994 Mercedes-Benz S600

Post Fri May 23, 2014 7:18 am

Re: Body Modifications

I have seen it in person when I travelled up to see the NY Auto Show, and I agree it looks better in person. From this angle, and in black, I think it looks much better:

Image
World #1 Ranked Automation Player!

Co-Owner of the World Rally Team

Smolensk Motors Showroom

Smolensk Tuning

We will continue the Epic Rap Battles of Automation.
<<

Dragawn

User avatar

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Posts: 391

Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:02 am

Cars: A high tech sportscar consisting entirely of air!

Post Sun May 25, 2014 9:49 am

Re: Body Modifications

Well, until this century, or even decade, it always has been Ford 'Murica and Ford Europe, completely seperate. I think this is the first 'stang to be sold in Europe (correct me if I'm mistaken), so they're going for a more "universal" look with styling influences of the other continents. I personally like the looks though, except the tail should've been a bit more aggressive in my opinion, but oh well, it really does look like a modern Mustang though, with the triple taillight. I might get one secondhand when I graduate, if I can save up enough...with the 2.3l i4 probably, I'm afraid :lol: If it's going to be just as dirt cheap like it has been (Hopefully 25-32k€?), it would make a great deal.
<<

Noporian

User avatar

Naturally Aspirated

Posts: 447

Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:05 am

Cars: Volvo V40 (the new hatch)

Post Sun May 25, 2014 9:27 pm

Re: Body Modifications

Dragawn wrote:Well, until this century, or even decade, it always has been Ford 'Murica and Ford Europe, completely seperate. I think this is the first 'stang to be sold in Europe (correct me if I'm mistaken), so they're going for a more "universal" look with styling influences of the other continents. I personally like the looks though, except the tail should've been a bit more aggressive in my opinion, but oh well, it really does look like a modern Mustang though, with the triple taillight. I might get one secondhand when I graduate, if I can save up enough...with the 2.3l i4 probably, I'm afraid :lol: If it's going to be just as dirt cheap like it has been (Hopefully 25-32k€?), it would make a great deal.


They've sold some mustangs in europe, but only recently. I think since like 2008 or something or then 2012?
Company id: 2013303
Cita Motors!
Website: http://citacars.wix.com/cita-cars-finland
And as always i appreciate feedback
PreviousNext

Return to Interesting Cars You Have Seen

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron