FAQ  •  Login

Renault Clio... In the US!

<<

sansa93

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Pontiac G5

Post Fri May 24, 2013 1:57 pm

Renault Clio... In the US!

I saw this as i was leaving work the other day. It really caught me by surprise. I mean, living in the Detroit area, I'm used to seeing unique pre-production cars and stuff, but they are usually limited to American cars and the occasional Italian car. So it really caught me off guard when I saw a French car. I kinda hope they start selling these, I think it looks really nice!

Does anyone have any idea why a Renault would be here in the states?

Anyway, Here are the pics:

Bonus! I saw this on my way to class today. There were two of them, but i didnt have enough time to get a pic of both.
(It's a Corvette C7 in case you couldn't tell)

My company, Oakland Motor Company, consists of two brands: Oakland and Woodward. Check them out here! -----> http://automationgame.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2560
<<

Immi

1-Star Beta Tester
1-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Two bikes ;D

Post Sat May 25, 2013 5:09 am

Re: Renault Clio... In the US!

Very nice photographs, it's even the RS edition in black. :D

Main reason Renault isn't selling their cars in the US would probably be because most Americans like to drive larger cars. The only large cars by Renault (Link,Link,Link) will probably fall under the 'soccer mom' section, which they don't want. Plus, many Americans still think French cars are unreliable, which isn't also the case anymore for the last 20 years.
<<

Flaxix

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Post Wed May 29, 2013 11:09 pm

God damn, do those new Clios look amazing. So does the C7 :P

But as to why it was in bloody Murica - no idea. (I never even knew Renault didn't sell their cars in the US)
<<

09webbad

Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter

Cars: Maybe a Peugeot 107 in the near future :)

Post Fri May 31, 2013 3:19 am

If you think those Renaults look nice, then look at the Citroen DS3... http://www.citroen.co.uk/new-cars/ds-range/citroen-ds3/#/new-cars/ds-range/citroen-ds3/exterior/. It's been around a bit longer than the Clio and is bigger too. Living in the UK, all sorts of European cars are very common
<<

Flaxix

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:53 am

Living RIGHT NEXT TO FRANCE, I've seen the DS3. Humazing.
<<

Klink

Cars: A Lotus Elise

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:57 pm

It could be a soldier's car that was stationed in Europe somewhere, if that's the case, he was been threw hell and back getting it here for the U.S. customs
<<

Kev2442

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Post Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:14 am

As a froggy, I know a bit about Renault and the US. I know that our very known R5/Renault 5/Supercinq tried to integrate in the US under the "Le Car" name. But it failed. I think they didn't try harder, as it really is a european cars manufacturer.
It's interesting to see that I'd rather like to see a Ford Fusion here instead of a brand-new Clio, hehe.
But french cars still have a little lack in quality. Even with the 90's cars, we have common engine issues, even more with Renault. Now, we try to correct this but with all those electronics, but we still have problems. But it also happens with other cars, even german. And we tried to enhance the interior quality.
I didn't know there were Clios in the US though...

Return to Interesting Cars You Have Seen