FAQ  •  Login

The "Misery"

<<

sc90

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Saab 9-3 1.9 TiD

Post Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:52 am

The "Misery"

Hey there people, not sure if its allowed or not but i thought ill make a misery thread about my lovely saab, ill put pics and vids about its strange and mysterious behaviours which happen quite often.

Ok so where to start, its a lovely saab 9-3 1.9 TiD 8v 120hp 2005 i call "her" Sabina dunno why maybe cuz it fits the car perfectly as it feels like "she" is on the period 24/7.

11665505_1105265499502833_2749234316899925794_n.jpg
11665505_1105265499502833_2749234316899925794_n.jpg (180.85 KiB) Viewed 5621 times

The list of things i done so far as follows:

Silicon hoses
Turbocharger
Intercooler
MAP sensor
Rear brake pads

I bought the car about year ago and everythis was fine, problems started about january/february this year when it started to blow loads of black smoke and gave me manifold absolute pressure (which haunts me today aswell).
So the first thing i thought that there was an air leak, i ordered set of silicon hoses off ebay and when they arrived week after, the work has begun.
I started to strip the front of the car down so i can get to all the piping and came across this small metal pipe right after the turbine which looks like this:

DSC_0298.JPG
DSC_0298.JPG (1.71 MiB) Viewed 5621 times

Yeah ive got no idea what could make a hole like that but luckily there was one on ebay for 15 pounds so i bought it asap. You can compare the size of hole with Saab key.

Afterwards to my MISERY the turbocharger started to sound like transport plane taking off, it was totally ridiculous so i had to decide whenever i sell her and get a new car OR attempt to fix her (which was the final and bad choice).
Changed the turbocharger which, insta blown out new turbocharger gasket.... that was fixed under warranty so idc but then it blown out INTERCOOLER (**** just hit the fan) so i had to change it aswell.

Afterwards i thought that everything is O.K. Sabina decided to go apeshit and give me that damned manifold absolute pressure code all the time and ontop of that, it started to blow out BLUE smoke in a totally random way as in, at times it was ok for a week and at times i had "her" smoking every day or even every time i tried to drive the car that one pissed me off since maybe last month when i finally made her stop.... (dont want to say it loud and fingers crossed that shes not gonna start doing it again).

What i done and it worked, i used one of them Liqui Moly Engine flush thingys and it really stopped it, dunno what kind of black magic is it but it actually FIXED the blue smoking (or so i hope).

Oh and did i mention the super mysterious P1125 aka (additive adaptation bank2 min. value) code? oh i did not, so the deal is my mechanic has no clue what it is (it still haunts my car) and ive looked all over the internetz to find the answer but the answer is never solid, people just start talking about other random stuff and nobody is like YES THIS CODE MEANS THAT (insert part name) IS BROKEN. no no no ive nearly had enough but i continued to investigate things on my own, at first i thought it causes the smoking but since i dont the flush it doesnt so i eliminated that theory.

Ontop of the manifold pressure blah blah code and P1125 additive bs other codes decided to join in aswell! so heres the list!:

P1125 Additive Adaptation Bank 2 min. value
P0105 Manifold Absolute Presssure/Barometric Manifold Pressure
P0425 Catalyst Temperature Sensor Circuit Bank 1, Sensor 1

and the new one to the family that came up yesterday

P1105 Read HO2S Bank 1, Control Module Input, Current in Pre-Heating Circuit Too High

definitely non stop PERIOD i think, starting to lose hope to fix it, if i get any new info on it ill post it straight away (hope i didnt bore you to death lol), feel free to ask any questions. Take care!
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Honda Civic VTI-S MY13

Post Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:23 pm

Re: The "Misery"

Attempting to maintain a turbo diesel Saab, let alone yourself.

You are a brave person!!! Saabs are increasingly rare (for many good reasons), so I hope you manage to keep it running (let alone roadworthy)!
<<

sc90

Naturally Aspirated

Post Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:07 pm

strop wrote:Attempting to maintain a turbo diesel Saab, let alone yourself.

You are a brave person!!! Saabs are increasingly rare (for many good reasons), so I hope you manage to keep it running (let alone roadworthy)!

Well ill be honest im a daredevil XD the car despite having so many issues never stopped in the middle of nowhere for me so ill take it its not THAT bad yet. :P
<<

adamd

9-Star Beta Tester
9-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Toyota GT86 Giallo, Citroen 2CV6 Spécial

Post Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:28 am

Ah the GM/Fiat 1.9, the pinnacle of diesel reliability. :P
<<

sc90

Naturally Aspirated

Post Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:54 am

https://youtu.be/Rc-7uQWJQbE

Just started to rattle like that at about 1400-1600rpm when i lightly press accelerator, so annoying -_-.
Going to new mechanic next week, ill see what this one comes up with. wish me luck XD
<<

sc90

Naturally Aspirated

Post Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:20 am

Quick update:

Ordered brand new MAP sensor and throttle body off neobrothers.uk and car has all the power back! its literally flying again :D the horrible knock sound like engine wanted to fly out of the bonnet when i turned it off is gone now so i guess it was throttle problem, one last thing thats left is P0425 Catalyst Temperature Control Circuit bank 1 sensor 1 code, hopefully ill get around to fixing that last bit soon'ish :P

Return to My Ride