FAQ  •  Login

My single seated race car project

<<

DanLazar

Cars: A single seated car

Post Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:26 am

My single seated race car project

Hi guys,

Some time ago I started a project on indiegogo about building my own race car. Unfortunately it didn't have the effect I wanted as people weren't as interested as I thought they would be in such an amazing project.
Have you got any suggestions to make my campaign more popular?

Here is the draft of my project. Hope you like it.
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/i-am ... 261#/story

Thanks a lot guys!
<<

PhillipM

Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter

Cars: Peugeot 306
Peugeot 405 Mi16x4
Peugeot 406 V6 Coupe
Mazda MX-5 Mk1
Triumph GT6 MkIII
Mazda RX8-engined off-road race buggy.

Post Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:58 am

Re: My single seated race car project

I would suggest not trying to get people to pay for your hobby with no return themselves...especially given lack of experience, and the silly language used in the pitch, it's just not going to happen.

The best thing you can do realise the only way it works is as a business, get a prototype done, or at least a chassis, get some drawings and renders of the rest instead of a jpg of photo's nicked from the internet, and go about making a professional pitch (not one full doge memes).
Get hold of local shows and trackdays you can attend and build a calander you can hand around some local small business to show you putting their name around if it's on the car, as well as info on the race series, running costs, entries fees and then, then, if your really lucky, one of them might contributed to event entry fee's and the others will do you cost on services.
You still need to find the other 30k. Sorry.

Return to My Ride