FAQ  •  Login

School Time....YUCK!

<<

BlastersPewPew

Cars: Mazda 3

Post Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:46 am

School Time....YUCK!

Well in about a week I will be shipped off to school, something I dont look forward too at my age (31) because I will be in classes filled with 15-18 year olds and have to share a room with up to 4 of them..........this is going to suck.....damnit. So I shall see you guys on the flip side (approx April. 29th), I may pop in the forums every now and then but no challenges or builds from me until May *cries* Have fun all!!
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Honda Civic VTI-S MY13

Post Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:52 am

Re: School Time....YUCK!

lol college? What you doing that for?
<<

BlastersPewPew

Post Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:24 am

Nah, not college, I started an apprenticeship 7 months ago and it is my turn to go to the school that they send you to and since I am in my 1st year I get put with all the other kids that are in the 1st year. This is what happens when the country you move to does not recognize the education from the country you moved from, gotta start at the bottom and work my way back up. In 3 1/2 years I will finally earn enough money to pay rent AND get food! This system "works" when your a kid living at home, not so much when you're an adult and get paid the exact same. I get paid the equivalent of almost 3 Euro an hour, it is JUST enough to cover rent and not much else, glad I have a super understanding (and very supportive) roommate, not to mention my friends, they think it is awesome that I am doing this and integrating into their society (about damned time I did LOL).
<<

T16

8-Star Beta Tester
8-Star Beta Tester

Cars: AW11, 405 T16

Post Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:43 pm

Here in Denmark if you start your apprenticeship over the age of 25, you are an adult apprentice and make twice what a normal first year apprentice make (14.5 EUR/h vs 8.5 EUR/h). Adult apprentices don't automatically get pay increase each year though, normal apprentices do.
<<

Vri404

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: 2000 Toyota Altezza Auto

Post Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:02 pm

I'm back to school next tuesday. KILL ME PLEASE!
Salt is what 95% of children are made from, and generally 72% of forum users.

Also 82% of statistics are made up.
<<

Sillyworld

Cars: Mazda 3 hatchback

Post Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:24 pm

A little off topic... I have my graduation from University next saturday. I would say "no more school" but I work there :lol:

EDIT: by the way, where do you live BlastersPewPew?
<<

BlastersPewPew

Post Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:07 am

T16 wrote:Here in Denmark if you start your apprenticeship over the age of 25, you are an adult apprentice and make twice what a normal first year apprentice make (14.5 EUR/h vs 8.5 EUR/h). Adult apprentices don't automatically get pay increase each year though, normal apprentices do.

Wish it was that way here and even then the increases here are only 100 euro the 2nd year and 200 the 3rd, I wont see a full "normal" wage until I am pass the last class. They also dont pay you hourly here, it is a fixed amount, I get paid (net) 460 Euro for 38.5 hours.

Sillyworld wrote:A little off topic... I have my graduation from University next saturday. I would say "no more school" but I work there :lol:

EDIT: by the way, where do you live BlastersPewPew?

Congratulations!!! And I am currently residing and working in Austria :) Awesome place with great people :)

Return to Off Topic