FAQ  •  Login

Why are you called...?

<<

Vri404

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: 2000 Toyota Altezza Auto

Post Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:39 pm

Why are you called...?

So, this is run on another forum I'm part of, so I feel like that should be a thing here. I'll start

I'm called Vri404 on a lot of things, including steam and twitter. This name, Vri, came about due to, and I'm ashamed of saying this, Roblox. It was a character I had on a game, and he lasted for a long time. I began using the name everywhere. It literally means nothing. The 404 part comes around because of "Error 404." So, if you want to find me on places, look for Vri, Vri_ Vri404, or Vri_404.

So, lets learn of how some names came around.
Salt is what 95% of children are made from, and generally 72% of forum users.

Also 82% of statistics are made up.
<<

TrackpadUser

2-Star Beta Tester
2-Star Beta Tester

Cars: 2006 Suzuki Swift+

Post Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:44 pm

Re: Why are you called...?

I came up with TrackpadUser at least 5 years ago back when I was playing Garrysmod with a crappy laptop and no external mouse.

I liked it, many others liked it as well, so it stuck, even though it's been quite a while since the last time I gamed on a trackpad.
<<

Slim Jim

9-Star Beta Tester
9-Star Beta Tester

Cars: 2006 Honda Accord EX V6 Coupe, 6-speed manual

Post Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:10 pm

Slim Jim is a double entendre. It refers to myself, as well as the snack food I used to eat a lot of.

Code:
I'm quite thin = Slim, Last name James = Jim
<<

conan

Naturally Aspirated

Post Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:16 pm

uranium tungsten oxygen octo-thulium
<<

nialloftara

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: 2006 Scion Xb

Post Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:04 pm

I've been using the same name online since like 2003 since switching away from AOL, named after this guy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niall_of_ ... e_Hostages it seemed clever at the time and i've been too lazy to change it since.
Chief designer and CEO, Centauri motor works, Centauri Performance Vehicles (CPV)
"Centauri: The Stars Are Within Your Reach."
Centauri engines Centauri cars
CPV engines CPV cars
Company ID: 1943047
<<

Microwave

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: Korean 2 Litre DOHC Brap Machine

Post Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:23 am

About 3 years ago I was playing DarkRP on Garrysmod and decided to change my RP name. The default first name was John, and for the surname I used the first word I thought of, which was Microwave. This then became my username for every website.
<<

Leonardo9613

4-Star Beta Tester
4-Star Beta Tester

Cars: '15 Ford Ka 1.0 SE

Post Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:13 am

When I was 12, I had to create an ail account, and like all other 12 year olds, I thought it would be cool to make it using my name and numbers (at least I didn't go for something like pussydestr0yer). When it came to buy automation, I didn't really understand forums and stuff, so I thought I was never going to use this account, so I just used the same combination of numbers I have used in my email, and haven't been able to come up with something better since.
<<

KLinardo

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: 2013 Ford Mustang GT California Special
2010 Ford F-150 XLT

Post Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:57 am

I used to have more complicated names when I was in school. Then my little creativity died and I just enjoyed having a simple and professional username. Hence KLinardo. First initial and last name.

I don't really care if people look me up. I have nothing to hide. One day I might think of something good, but until then, simple is good.
Boss Motorsports
Company Thread: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7093
<<

Nivracer

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: -1946 Ford F1 (Project for Dad & I)
-2000 Ford Focus ZX3 (POS daily driver)
-BMW E30 325i coupe (Someday)

Post Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:29 am

Mine comes from a log time ago, I love racing and raced Quarter Midgets for 9 years, 5-14.
My first name is Kevin, so my name backwards is Nivek. I used Nivek for a while. In real life I got a nickname Kevracer. until I came up with Nivracer. First 3 letters of my name backwards then added racer onto the end of it. Most people online call me Niv or Racer if they don't know my real name.
<<

cpufreak101

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: no license right now but i'll be getting a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer LS once i do get one

Post Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:33 am

i had this name for so long i forgot why i came up with it, all i remember is i tried making a youtube account back in '06 and i tried to name myself cpufreak100, but i screwed up the password so i made another account just adding a one onto what i had already, hence the cpufreak101, and many people call me cpu for short, i use it everywhere since it's easy to remember having known it for so long, and also for the 2nd most creative thing i could think of already being taken
Company Id:1945270
Galt Motors, excelence since 1945
(PS, Galt automotive is still Galt motors, i use it interchangably)
<<

Spitfire599

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: A 1999 Honda Civic Sedan named Flapjack.

Post Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:52 pm

Mine's actually the same reason as Vri's. At the time, I thought the name sounded cool, and as I couldn't think of anything else as my ROBLOX username, I used that. The name stuck and I now use it for virtually everything.
Name of Car Company: Spitfire Motor Company
Owner of company: Spitfire599
Website or Forum thread: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=8680 and viewtopic.php?f=35&t=8968
Established: 1948
Company ID: 1948599
<<

ArnRno

Cars: 2002 Impreza
1962 Super 88

Post Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:22 pm

Um... My name is Aaron, and I live in Reno... Things got shortened and usernameified.
<<

Lordred

Cars: 1966 Sunbeam Alpine
1997 Ford Crown Victoria

Post Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:51 am

A long time ago in a galaxy far away.... Jedi Knight Dark Forces II. 1997, on the MSN Gaming Zone. I used the handle Lordred, and it stuck ever since.
ID: 1963886
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Honda Civic VTI-S MY13

Post Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:30 am

Long story short, I've been using a cartoon horse as an avatar for over 10 years. It's a good abstraction from questions about my real identity, most details of which I don't mind divulging but given my profession it's always best to keep an extra degree of separation to my personal online activities in general, to deflect cursory examinations and probes by employers.

I started by using a longer form of my current handle to go with my avatar, and had that for a number of years. Sometime in, I think, 2007, while being bored writing a research thesis, I started playing an MMO about horses*, yes, I know, I like horses, don't judge me! One of my friends there decided 'alright, I'm stick of typing out your full name, so from now on, I'mma call you strop.'

And since then, it stuck.

*Like 99.5% of the players were girls aged 10 or less, and most of the rest were either bored middle-aged housewives/single parents, or bored female college students. Both of the latter groups tended to be moderators. Not surprisingly, I became one myself. Let's say the experience in the moderator group was very different... I learnt all kinds of new shit.
<<

EnryGT5

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: '01 Ford Focus 1.8 TDdi
'10 Citroen C3 1.6 HDi

Post Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:18 am

My name was born a few months before joining this forums, in 2012. I was going to play an online game with my friends, when i realized i needed a better name than.... well, that's another story.... so, my favourite game at the time was Gran Turismo 5, i really liked it, to the point of having 800 cars in my garage. So i fused my IRL nickname with "GT5". Aaaand it grew on me. Well, i'm also known as EnryGT and EnryGTX.

Here we are. :P
CEO of Seishido Motors.
Forum Thread: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=8343

Suddenly, a temporary logo appears.
Next

Return to Off Topic