FAQ  •  Login

Upon Returning to the Forum (Random Soppy Post)

<<

07CobaltGirl

Queen of Track Building

Cars: Chevy Cobalt

Post Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:02 am

Re: Upon Returning to the Forum (Random Soppy Post)

We have college courses for high school students in the US. They also have college PREP courses for high school students. Of course, if you didn't take AP classes, you are probably ineligible. I took the AP classes but skipped the PREP courses (you know, young and stupid in the 80s) but they even had them all back then. But, like Pleb said, these will not get you a degree. They will only give you a leg up on getting a degree later. Most of them are simply advanced math and science courses, and probably computing courses today, but I have not checked into them recently.
<<

KLinardo

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: 2013 Ford Mustang GT California Special
2010 Ford F-150 XLT

Post Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:05 am

Re: Upon Returning to the Forum (Random Soppy Post)

I was in a dual enrollment program when I was 17. I was in AP and honors courses in high school and then I went to a community college and took associate degree courses when I finished my day at high school. It was in the first year of the program and my school handled it terribly which led to me sitting in a classroom for ~11 hours a day and then having to balance my homework for both schools.

(Then I came to find out that the courses there wouldn't transfer to my undergraduate institution of choice. :evil: )

So I can empathize with your workload. I certainly think that your head is in the right place and that it will pay dividends for your future. Good luck with it all and welcome back to the community!
Boss Motorsports
Company Thread: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7093
Previous

Return to Off Topic