FAQ  •  Login

Today was Remembrance Day

<<

Speedemon

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: A Birel Go Kart. I can't remember the full chassis name. 4-stroke, Honda GX160, makes around 5-hp (With limiter)

Post Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:17 am

Today was Remembrance Day

Today was Remembrance Day in Canada. R.I.P to all the ones that died in the war. Lest, we forget.
Remembrance Day marks the end of WW1. And every year on November 11th, we Canadians remember the people who fought in the war. We thank the veterans who fought for our country. Have you had someone you know fight in a war?
"I don't care how fat I am, I am getting in that car and I am going to win" -Speedemon
<<

titleguy1

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: None right now.

Post Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:30 am

Re: Today was Remembrance Day

Well, here in the good ol' U.S.A, we call it Veterans day, but it's more of a celebration of all Veterans who have fought in any war.

My dad's cousin is a Veteran. Very strong man, fought in the Vietnam war. Was told he could never walk after his injuries, but last time I saw him, he seemed to be walking just fine.
Rennen Automotive
Historic Collection
Rennen. Perfection in Performance.™
<<

DoctorNarfy

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: My Chevy Cavalier is gone. I am Carless.

Post Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:50 pm

Re: Today was Remembrance Day

My Grandfather too, Served in 'Nam. He Doesn't like talking about it, however. But even though it's Veterans Day, he doesn't get It off from his Job. Because Logic!
"Wisdom is a circle, what you receive, you must give back." -Vert Wheeler

Return to Off Topic