<<

Microwave

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: Korean 2 Litre DOHC Brap Machine

Post Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:47 am

New Camaro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9Lvtv0MP_4

So, after watching this review... I've come to the conclusion that I absolutely love the new Camaro. It's cool to see that another classic muscle car is getting a 4 cylinder option, making it more appealing to people outside of the US (speaking of which, does anyone know if they're gonna be sold in Europe?). All that's left is the Challenger and Charger, but the odds of the Challenger getting a 4 cylinder are slim because it's such a big and heavy car.
I love the new front end and interior on this thing. The front end looks more exotic and much more... minimalistic. The tail lights still look a bit awkward and basic, though. On the interior, those ridiculously placed gauges are gone, it's finally got a modern screen etc. Overall, I just love it. Just a shame that there are so many people that complain and say things like "tail lights are changed its not a camaro, camaro is dead!!1"

What do you guys think about it?
<<

DoctorNarfy

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: My Chevy Cavalier is gone. I am Carless.

Post Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:24 am

Re: New Camaro

The Car Itself Seems Pretty Good. What It stands for however, is not. GM has just been trailing behind every move Ford is making, it would seem. The Silverado is coming with an aluminum body in 2017 (Even though in their ad campaign they openly dissed it) and now this. I'm not against having Smaller engines in muscle cars by any means. But maybe they should make it a bit less obvious.

As far as the Dodge Charger and Challenger, they already come with V6 Options funny enough. Although It's not a very "Sporty" Or "economical" option. It powers most of chrysler's lineup including the 200, 300, Ram Rebel, Dodge Durango, Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, etc. What is far more likely is the Dodge Dart SRT-4 (Even though it's just a rumor right now) Speculated to be a FWD sports car with a 300 Horsepower I4. So a bit behind the Mustang.
"Wisdom is a circle, what you receive, you must give back." -Vert Wheeler
<<

Microwave

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: Korean 2 Litre DOHC Brap Machine

Post Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:36 am

Just because they put a 4 cylinder in it, doesn't mean they're copying Ford. GM have probably realised that they can expand into new markets and gain more customers by offering a 4 cylinder.

As for the Dart SRT-4, I don't really know what to think of that. Part of Fiat's restructuring program was that Dodge was to be the performance brand, whereas Chrysler was meant to be a normal, if not a bit premium one, IIRC. I can definitely see Chrysler making a 4 cylinder, 4 door car like the SRT-4 but I doubt it would have any resemblance to the SRT-4.
<<

nialloftara

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: 2006 Scion Xb

Post Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:16 am

Both the camaro and the mustang have mounted 4 cylinders before back in the mid 80's so seeing them return isn't really a big deal, I'm just glad they both have turbos this time around (yes I know the mustang had one back then too). The srt-4, if it's made, wouldn't be a pony car hunter, it would be chasing the ford STs. I don't see a dodge 4 cylinder turbo muscle car though, the v6 and 8 speed combo already get 30 mpg, on par with the turbos being offered and no engine in the FCA stable could haul those fat asses around with much better economy. The mustang vs camaro battle did take a odd twist with ford going with a entry v6 and mid range turbo and Chevy opting to swap them. Should be interesting to see how they do head to head, my money is still on the ecoboost trumping the v6 in performance and handeling, even with the weight saving Chevy did.
Chief designer and CEO, Centauri motor works, Centauri Performance Vehicles (CPV)
"Centauri: The Stars Are Within Your Reach."
Centauri engines Centauri cars
CPV engines CPV cars
Company ID: 1943047

Return to Off Topic