FAQ  •  Login

so anyone here hear of the Ogle Carburetor?

<<

cpufreak101

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: no license right now but i'll be getting a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer LS once i do get one

Post Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:16 pm

so anyone here hear of the Ogle Carburetor?

so there was a guy who invented a new fueling system that was able to be fitted onto any vehicle and after a small upgrade to the fuel pump to let it suck fuel vapors it would give any vehicle 100+ miles to the gallon, he demonstrated this by attaching the device to a vehicle (guessing his own truck) and drove over 200 miles on just 2 gallons of gas (remember this is right at the height of the fuel crisis) and because of this he was approached and offered millions by oil companies to not manufacture the device, but he refused wanting to commercialize it, it was not long after until an unknown assassin shot him and all his work on it was destroyed. but imagine if he managed to keep at least a blueprint of it safe somewhere or if he sold a few cars with this installed into it, it would've ended the fuel crisis immediately and (my favorite part) the future would still have massive V8's as an option instead of a small 3 cylinder at best.
Company Id:1945270
Galt Motors, excelence since 1945
(PS, Galt automotive is still Galt motors, i use it interchangably)
<<

Lordred

Cars: 1966 Sunbeam Alpine
1997 Ford Crown Victoria

Post Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:41 pm

Re: so anyone here hear of the Ogle Carburetor?

That story only gets better and more un-believable with time.
ID: 1963886
<<

pyrlix

23 Star Beta Tester
23 Star Beta Tester

Cars: Alfa Romeo 159 1.9JTS
Opel Vivaro 2.0CDTI SE

Post Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:40 pm

Was it the same guy who invented DEI?

I believe its the same as all the other things like 5-Stroke engines, people say they are better, but if they would be better IRL, why is noone using it?
The best example i have is the "turbina kowalskiego" (Kowalski Turbine)... it claimed to make everything better, but there were no measurements about performance and mileage, just claims.
<Killrob> you commited a lot of crimes... among others against: 1) international minimum intelligence laws 2) human rights to a brain 3) act against devolution of the human mind
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Honda Civic VTI-S MY13

Post Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:39 pm

I also heard of a perpetual motion machine that harnessed 'N-energy'. Also shut down by the big oil companies and the governments that relied on their donations, hue hue hue.
<<

nialloftara

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: 2006 Scion Xb

Post Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:05 am

Don't forget the water cycle engine. Its a normal Otto cycle engine except that after the power stroke the valves stay closed and a water mist is sprayed into the hot exhaust gas filled cylinder the steam expansion then acts as a second power stroke. It would work great, if that didn't mean you were steam cleaning your cylinder lining every cycle and would destroy the engine.
Chief designer and CEO, Centauri motor works, Centauri Performance Vehicles (CPV)
"Centauri: The Stars Are Within Your Reach."
Centauri engines Centauri cars
CPV engines CPV cars
Company ID: 1943047
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Honda Civic VTI-S MY13

Post Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:56 am

nialloftara wrote:Its a normal Otto cycle engine except that after the power stroke the valves stay closed and a water mist is sprayed-

I got about this far before I started laughing uncontrollably.

EDIT: In real life and real developments, and not really related to petrol engines at all, the guys at Tesla developed a new actuator? (I suck at electrics so don't expect me to get it right lol) that could actually reliably conduct increased current without arcing and blowing the whole thing up. Which they then put into the P-85D, the one equipped with the "Extreme" mode. Maximum current went from 1300A to 1500A, and as a result, they now have a "Ludicrous" Speed mode (not even kidding, that's what they called it). Equivalent max output is now something like 760hp (i.e. Pagani Huayra levels). 3.3s to 62mph? Bitch please, how about 2.8s. It does a 10 second quarter mile easy.
<<

nialloftara

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: 2006 Scion Xb

Post Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:43 am

I saw that and like every other gear head who also likes Mel Brooks movies, love it.
Attachments
_20150718_094147.JPG
_20150718_094147.JPG (73.64 KiB) Viewed 4826 times
_20150718_094140.JPG
_20150718_094140.JPG (145.25 KiB) Viewed 4826 times
_20150718_094131.JPG
_20150718_094131.JPG (48.93 KiB) Viewed 4826 times
Chief designer and CEO, Centauri motor works, Centauri Performance Vehicles (CPV)
"Centauri: The Stars Are Within Your Reach."
Centauri engines Centauri cars
CPV engines CPV cars
Company ID: 1943047
<<

07CobaltGirl

Queen of Track Building

Cars: Chevy Cobalt

Post Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:04 pm

strop wrote:
nialloftara wrote:Its a normal Otto cycle engine except that after the power stroke the valves stay closed and a water mist is sprayed-

I got about this far before I started laughing uncontrollably.

EDIT: In real life and real developments, and not really related to petrol engines at all, the guys at Tesla developed a new actuator? (I suck at electrics so don't expect me to get it right lol) that could actually reliably conduct increased current without arcing and blowing the whole thing up. Which they then put into the P-85D, the one equipped with the "Extreme" mode. Maximum current went from 1300A to 1500A, and as a result, they now have a "Ludicrous" Speed mode (not even kidding, that's what they called it). Equivalent max output is now something like 760hp (i.e. Pagani Huayra levels). 3.3s to 62mph? Bitch please, how about 2.8s. It does a 10 second quarter mile easy.

Tesla is my hero. Open source and everything! *wants a Tesla Model S so damn bad* And I hate 4 doors!!!!

What it is like to own a Tesla Model S

Return to Off Topic