FAQ  •  Login

PC Component Total Coversion Mod

<<

Razordraac

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Mazda 6

Post Sat May 09, 2015 8:11 am

PC Component Total Coversion Mod

(Dunno what thread this would exactly go into :P)

I was thinking the other day about how car and PC cooling are similar in a lot of ways, and then this idea came to me:

When (and if) comprehensive modding tools are released, I was wondering if we could completely flip the game on its head and release a GPU builder total conversion mod or something! Yeah, it sounds crazy, but it'd be really interesting to see. As power and cooling is modeled into the game well already, I'm sure something could be adapted to fit performance of a graphics card for example too. Like a power in Teraflops, cooling being the same as it cars, MHz sliders for core and memory clocks, CUDA Cores, Stream Processors, ROPs etc. and setting up how many GPUs on one card. Also, we could have multiple cooling systems (like with the radiators on the turbos) like air fan, air heatsink, or combination, air vapor chamber, and water cooling blocks and radiators.

Or course, this would take a phenomenal amount of effort for all the remodeling and re-coding. But it'd be really fun to see some day :)
Energent - Forwarding Future
<<

cpufreak101

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: no license right now but i'll be getting a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer LS once i do get one

Post Sat May 09, 2015 12:12 pm

Re: PC Component Total Coversion Mod

dude, im sorry, i'm laughing too much to take you seriously, but uhh... idk what to say
Company Id:1945270
Galt Motors, excelence since 1945
(PS, Galt automotive is still Galt motors, i use it interchangably)
<<

Zabhawkin

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: 13 Nissan Pathfinder
99 Nissan Frontier
84 Jeep CJ7 (rock crawler)

Post Sat May 09, 2015 12:45 pm

Re: PC Component Total Coversion Mod

I am sure they could, but they are kind of busy right now.
Desert Mountains Automotive Specializing in high reliability cars and trucks for more demanding needs.

Return to Off Topic