FAQ  •  Login

Pleb's Photography Thread

<<

Pleb

4-Star Beta Tester
4-Star Beta Tester

Cars: I have TWO Peugeots. Please feel sorry for me.

Post Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:29 am

Pleb's Photography Thread

Here I will post any automotive photos I take. I am a complete novice so your feedback is much appreciated! Below is my first attempt at automotive photography. Opinions are welcome!

Cheers!

Hey guys!

So I was advised to try out some photography by some people at college before I go for an interview there for a Digital Media course. A few weeks later, I heard about the Manx Motor Meet that happens every few months, where young drivers can get advice on road safety and what not, and I was also told that there would be some interesting cars there. So I went along to try and get some decent photos to show at my interview!

When I went there, there was absolutely nothing that interested me. There was a stall teaching people how to change a wheel, and a BMW doing figures of 8 around some cones. I was all set to leave when I came across a beautiful 1940's Willys Coupe parked with its bonnet up. This was my opportunity to get some cracking pics!

Bearing in mind I had never tried any sort of photography before, I am very pleased with the results:

http://imgur.com/a/mZSvL#0
Last edited by Pleb on Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
<<

BavMotWork

Cars: 99 BMW Z3 Coupe/92 BMW 318is Coupe/77 Chevrolet Nova 2dr/03 Chrysler PT Cruiser/04 Chevrolet Colorado Z71/04 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx

Post Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:42 am

Re: My First Attempt at Automotive Photography

Nicely done! I especially like the headlight picture with the building in the reflection. I couldn't get images 13 and 15 to load though..
Steam ID: BayerischeMotorenWerke
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Honda Civic VTI-S MY13

Post Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:58 am

I love how you caught the fiery sunset (?) in the reflection of the decals. The contrast in colour palette with the more muted paint of the car and the overall blue of the surrounds really brings out the detail.
<<

Pleb

4-Star Beta Tester
4-Star Beta Tester

Post Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:06 am

Haha, it was in fact a firey engine (fire engine xD) that created that redish hue on the badge, I thought it gave the same effect though, so I took it anyway! :) And yes the ocean setting went really well with the colour of the car, and it did help that it for once wasn't raining! :D

And that headlight picture was one of my favourite of the day. :)

Thanks for the feedback!
<<

UltimateBMWfan

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: 2008 BMW M3 Coupe

Post Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:17 am

Very nice pictures! I haven't done much car photography myself, although I hope to do so during the summer when it's warmer. Let's see some more of your photos sometime.
Car companies:
BMC AG |

<<

Pleb

4-Star Beta Tester
4-Star Beta Tester

Post Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:29 am

Re: Pleb's Photography Thread

I went out for the second time to an event to try and get some nice photos. This time it was an annual sprint race featuring both modern and classic cars. The event was a time trial starting from the famous Grandstand (the start/finish of the TT races), down to Signpost Corner. I took pictures from a few spots, and there were some excellent cars on show!

Here's the album, again, your feedback is more than welcome! http://imgur.com/gallery/lmSIi/

Cheers!
<<

Pleb

4-Star Beta Tester
4-Star Beta Tester

Post Mon May 18, 2015 3:30 am

Just been given an old film camera today! Once I figure out how the thing works, I'll see what I can do with it and update this thread! :)
<<

UltimateBMWfan

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: 2008 BMW M3 Coupe

Post Mon May 18, 2015 5:29 am

Sweet! Maybe you can post some pictures of the camera too :)
Car companies:
BMC AG |

<<

Pleb

4-Star Beta Tester
4-Star Beta Tester

Post Sun May 31, 2015 8:15 am

Here's the (low-res) pictures of the film camera and zoom lens (don't worry, my serious photos are better than this :D). I've been out a few times to take pictures with it, I just need to find somewhere to get them developed and scanned.

ImageImage

In other news, I've set up a Facebook page to share my photos, and I will probably just update this thread when I make a new post on Facebook to save me uploading them twice. It would be great if you could give it a like if you want to see my work! I am a complete novice who does this as a hobby, so any feedback is appreciated.

https://www.facebook.com/acphotographyiom
<<

Pleb

4-Star Beta Tester
4-Star Beta Tester

Post Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:35 am

I know bikes may not be everyone's cup of tea here, but nevertheless, today was my first attempt at shooting the famous TT Road Races held every year here on the Isle of Man! I've only posted a few of the best ones on my Facebook page, but that shouldn't stop you from looking!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 802&type=3

Let me know what you think!

Return to Off Topic