pyrlix

23 Star Beta Tester
23 Star Beta Tester

Cars: Alfa Romeo 159 1.9JTS
Opel Vivaro 2.0CDTI SE

Post Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:26 am

Automation Community Racing

Hello everyone!

We had a little live-chat idea - most people own a racing wheel (like DFGT, G27 or even more high end) and the ones who own these also have a handful of racesims.
So why not gather some people and race together? All racing automationeers in one server racing together, what could go wrong?

The racesims that are in closer selection for a community race would be:

Live For Speed - It has a free demo with a FWD Hatch and a RWD Coupe and one track. Pretty good force feedback and a really nice grade of realism. Low System Requirements!
Assetto Corsa - A nice modern race sim, as in LFS a pretty good force feedback and close to the real world, it however costs money (39€ in Europe) and has compared to LFS way higher system requirements
Project Cars - Pretty much the same as Assetto Corsa, but in my opinion more of a casual racer. Not a lot of people own it, as its still not buyable and only contributors own it.
rFactor 2 - Yearly license, very realistic physics, medium system requirements. Enough said.

I personally prefer LfS the most for this - everyone owns the Demo, it runs on slower PCs as well and its still a pretty realistic game.

The following dates are planned - but will be fully confirmed when I have a list of participants.
04.04.2015 21.30CET
10.04.2015 20.00CET
11.04.2015 21.30CET
17.04.2015 20.00CET
18.04.2015 21.30CET

Played Game and Server is to be announced.
The meeting point will be in the official Livechat or TS3-Server. Everyone is invited to join - just fill out this form

Maybe we can even make a small championship out of it!

Greets
Roland
<Killrob> you commited a lot of crimes... among others against: 1) international minimum intelligence laws 2) human rights to a brain 3) act against devolution of the human mind
<<

BavMotWork

Cars: 99 BMW Z3 Coupe/92 BMW 318is Coupe/77 Chevrolet Nova 2dr/03 Chrysler PT Cruiser/04 Chevrolet Colorado Z71/04 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx

Post Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:55 am

Re: Automation Community Racing

I'm a huge fan of Assetto Corsa. Unfortunately I don't have a wheel though, just an XBOX360 gamepad. Would I still be able to participate?
Steam ID: BayerischeMotorenWerke
<<

pyrlix

23 Star Beta Tester
23 Star Beta Tester

Opel Vivaro 2.0CDTI SE

Post Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:02 am

Of course, everyone can!
<Killrob> you commited a lot of crimes... among others against: 1) international minimum intelligence laws 2) human rights to a brain 3) act against devolution of the human mind
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Honda Civic VTI-S MY13

Post Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:31 am

This is a VERY nice idea. I don't own any of the above sims but I would totally get one just for this purpose. Besides, I was planning to get my hands on Assetto Corsa at some point anyway. Though if you think there will be more players with another sim do let me know and I'll go for that instead.

Then I will inflict my horrible aggressive crashy driving on everybody else :P
<<

pyrlix

23 Star Beta Tester
23 Star Beta Tester

Opel Vivaro 2.0CDTI SE

Post Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:33 am

Download the free LfS Demo! Its nice out of the box, the S1 and S2 license only feature more tracks and cars, the physics stay as good as they are.
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Post Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:38 am

good physics? Hot damn, DONE. Can't join tomorrow though, will be working at that time :( But I can find other times!
<<

EnryGT5

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: '01 Ford Focus 1.8 TDdi
'10 Citroen C3 1.6 HDi

Post Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:45 am

Guys, just for your information, if you want to keep your car in one piece... don't get any close to me. Yes, i'm pretty fast, but i'm not used to having lots of people around me, i get nervous and the car turns into a missile. Also, i won't talk on TS if i do partecipate.
CEO of Seishido Motors.
Forum Thread: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=8343

Suddenly, a temporary logo appears.
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Post Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:49 am

Fellow tunnel visioner! It could get really rough out there, I try not to, but I tend to bang wheels more than V8 Supercars...
<<

Pleb

4-Star Beta Tester
4-Star Beta Tester

Cars: I have TWO Peugeots. Please feel sorry for me.

Post Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:44 am

I'll definitely be taking part in this! Unfortunately since I can't afford to buy Assetto Corsa I'll have to stick to LFS, and I also don't own a racing wheel, but I'll join in TS when we race! :)

Edit: If any of the paid sims are relatively cheap, I may look at buying whichever one we choose, but not in AC price point. :P
<<

TheTom

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: Vw Golf 3 TDI

Post Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:40 am

Sounds interesting! I own neither of the games mentioned in the OP, but downloading the LFS demo shouldn't be a problem. I think another game to consider would be GRID Autosport, does anybody other than me own it?
On a side note, i don't have a racing wheel or anything like that, but never underestimate the potential of a keyboard! :D
<<

Lothoren

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: A Golf Buggy!

Post Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:59 am

This sounds kinda fun, and i do own like 2 wheels.... will have to see if i have the time to take part
Dalora Motors
Company ID #2014666
<<

TrackpadUser

2-Star Beta Tester
2-Star Beta Tester

Cars: 2006 Suzuki Swift+

Post Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:09 am

LFS can easily be played with a gamepad as you can adjust how linear the controls are.

I know that a lot of people are having decent success with the mouse too.

Also, there are in fact two tracks in the demo, a road course and a rallycross track.
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Post Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:57 am

Yeah I'm testing it with the mouse atm as I'm writing emails and cbf to drag the G27 out :P The steering works just fine, but of course there's no way to easily control throttle so either my FF car wallows around the track seesawing wildly between power understeer and lift off oversteer, or my FR cars wallow around the track seesawing wildly between everything else xD I expect it will be awesome with the wheel.

I own the original GRID, but after hearing what happened to the subsequent releases have not been particularly compelled to go out and buy. I also own NFS Shift 2, which was relatively arcadey until I installed the PTMu physics mod, and now it's rather realistic except if I go drifting in drift mode, then the tyre wear goes crazy and blows after about ten seconds. ASIDE FROM THAT, however, NFS Shift 2 with PTMu feels like the real deal, for the most part.
<<

BavMotWork

Cars: 99 BMW Z3 Coupe/92 BMW 318is Coupe/77 Chevrolet Nova 2dr/03 Chrysler PT Cruiser/04 Chevrolet Colorado Z71/04 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx

Post Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:45 am

If you're into Rally, Dirt 3 just re-released as "complete" edition that is finally rid of Games for Windows Live DRM and comes with all previous DLC. Also, it's on sale on Steam right now. It's a good game with a good selection of cars from all eras and tracks from all over the world. It's a bit arcadey unless you set the gameplay to "advanced", which gets rid of all those pesky assists.

Edit: I should mention that I'm not sure how online multiplayer works on this game. I don't know if you can actually set up your own races with chosen opponents instead of just an open grid that anyone can join. I'll check it out when I get home from work.
Steam ID: BayerischeMotorenWerke
<<

EnryGT5

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: '01 Ford Focus 1.8 TDdi
'10 Citroen C3 1.6 HDi

Post Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:55 am

Do you need to make an account on the site to play online with the LfS demo?
Or it's something you do in-game?
CEO of Seishido Motors.
Forum Thread: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=8343

Suddenly, a temporary logo appears.
Next

Return to Off Topic