<<

captaind00m

Cars: e38 750il

Post Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:07 am

my problem with forums

my experience with forums is like this.

i register.
everything goes well.
until i start making posts and responding posts.
then an sociopath/self-righteous/jerk/communist moderator gives me warning. i try to talk to them. why? how? just to make it even worse. no warning. no forgiveness,
i feel like forums always has to punish you for everything. say something wrong. ban. i feel like the forums practice communism. everything you say will me and must be used against you.

anyway i get a few days/months ban. i make a new account and abandon ship the old one.

few days later they see its shares the same ip adress with the banned one. gets banned too

my biggest question is. why forums have problem with multi accounts. like im going to start a revolution and i need to be taken care of
so basically forums are like minefield. as long you don't move you are safe
Image who doesnt love fresh torn out guts in the morning
<<

pyrlix

23 Star Beta Tester
23 Star Beta Tester

Cars: Alfa Romeo 159 1.9JTS
Opel Vivaro 2.0CDTI SE

Post Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:17 am

Re: my problem with forums

Multi-accs are never liked in any forum.
One easy rule for forums is: Use common sense, and you did not probably. We moderators just dont go out here and warn people, actually there is a very small number of warnings, and bans are not an usual thing either.

You have to be really hard working for these warnings and bans, and lets be honest. When i knock at your door, do you want that i advertise the newest product from xy to you?
VR6 and W16 request - you did not use the common sense, which is search-engine and the FAQ.

And for your info: The last warning/ban issued by misbehaviour or just because we felt like to do it was >4weeks ago. So if you feel offended by getting punished/warned about your misbehaviour, then this is not the place for you, sorry.

Edit: If you have a problem with one of us, discuss that in a PM, not openly here. Either discuss that with the Moderator that you have the issue with, or with an Administrator or even with a beta assistant.
<Killrob> you commited a lot of crimes... among others against: 1) international minimum intelligence laws 2) human rights to a brain 3) act against devolution of the human mind
<<

captaind00m

Cars: e38 750il

Post Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:23 am

pyrlix wrote:Multi-accs are never liked in any forum.
One easy rule for forums is: Use common sense, and you did not probably. We moderators just dont go out here and warn people, actually there is a very small number of warnings, and bans are not an usual thing either.

You have to be really hard working for these warnings and bans, and lets be honest. When i knock at your door, do you want that i advertise the newest product from xy to you?
VR6 and W16 request - you did not use the common sense, which is search-engine and the FAQ.

And for your info: The last warning/ban issued by misbehaviour or just because we felt like to do it was >4weeks ago. So if you feel offended by getting punished/warned about your misbehaviour, then this is not the place for you, sorry.

im not talking about this forum only.
i had a warning 4 weeks ago ???
Image who doesnt love fresh torn out guts in the morning
<<

pyrlix

23 Star Beta Tester
23 Star Beta Tester

Cars: Alfa Romeo 159 1.9JTS
Opel Vivaro 2.0CDTI SE

Post Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:26 am

I was talking generally, the last warning i can remember was issued over 4 weeks ago to a normal user.

And if you are not talking about this forum only, why are you talking in the first place here and not in the other ones ;)
<Killrob> you commited a lot of crimes... among others against: 1) international minimum intelligence laws 2) human rights to a brain 3) act against devolution of the human mind
<<

UltimateBMWfan

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: 2008 BMW M3 Coupe

Post Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:43 pm

Now you see, firstly, your points are pretty much invalid here because I know almost all of the Moderators here closely and they're a very lenient bunch. This whole community is actually one of the most friendly and low maintenance I've seen so far.

I've looked at the logs and have seen that the only warnings on this forum to users so far are for double, triple, and even sextuple posting.

Now, finally, I have a piece of advice. It might not be the smartest idea to call a moderator a "sociopath/self-righteous/jerk/communist" and then complain about how you're being warned and banned. Free speech and all that but if you call someone that in public, I'd be surprised if you didn't get a punch in the face.

Tl;DR: UltimateBMWfucius say "Don't be rude, won't get banned."
Car companies:
BMC AG |

<<

Sayonara

Naturally Aspirated

Post Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:53 pm

captaind00m wrote: why forums have problem with multi accounts.

From my experience being a forum moderator on other forums, the most common reason for having multiple accounts is ban evasion, which is strictly against the rules on most forums.

Furthermore, there is usually little if no real reason to have multiple accounts.
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Honda Civic VTI-S MY13

Post Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:35 pm

To add to this, if you do happen to have a reason to have a multi-account, it's an unspoken rule of forums to seek permission rather than beg forgiveness, i.e. ask before you do it. Then the mods/admins will be able to tell you whether they think that reason is valid/will work on the forum, and what conditions might need to be met in order to run that account.

From my own experience, multi-accounts are frequently not only used to evade bans, but to also misrepresent and skew evidence in the event of drama (which inevitably happens). The worst offenders? Why, those who have undeclared alternate accounts, of course! So naturally, any moderator with enough experience is naturally wary of the undisclosed multi-account user.

p.s. mods, if it's not already in any forum TOC or FAQ, it might be a good idea to explicitly state the rule, one account per person unless specifically okayed by a mod/admin!
<<

UltimateBMWfan

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: 2008 BMW M3 Coupe

Post Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:19 pm

yeah, we're working on some forum rules at this moment.
Car companies:
BMC AG |

<<

PhillipM

Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter

Cars: Peugeot 306
Peugeot 405 Mi16x4
Peugeot 406 V6 Coupe
Mazda MX-5 Mk1
Triumph GT6 MkIII
Mazda RX8-engined off-road race buggy.

Post Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:44 am

The problem with forums, is they let people post on them. It spoils them.
<<

Noporian

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Volvo V40 (the new hatch)

Post Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:53 am

Have you ever been to ThemeParkReview?
I once while being there said "Shame there's no pictures of this one coaster" NOTICE: i said shame there isn't, which is probably the most polite way of saying it.
Welp the moderator that also owns the website deleted the post and told me:

Instead of complaining about our reports, which I spend a hell of a lot of time out of my day writing and posting when I could be on rides, how about you appreciate what we DO post? And if that doesn't satisfy you, then go out to the park and post your own report.

--Robb "Really hate it when people bitch about reports that we don't HAVE to post." Alvey
Company id: 2013303
Cita Motors!
And as always i appreciate feedback

Return to Off Topic