FAQ  •  Login

The new Audi R8!

<<

PaleOne

Naturally Aspirated

Post Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:48 pm

Re: The new Audi R8!

Honestly I prefer the old grille & vents. A lot of cars may have copied 'em, but they were original enough on the R8 and in that respect they continued to look like the 'real deal' compared to the pretenders. The new grille just says "look what Lexus did, guess we'd better too..." And the new vents to me are just an afterthought - merely change for the sake of change.

Those air intakes on the side are a little over the top now too (but I dunno, maybe the new engine needs 'em?)
Meridian Motor Group (MMG)
Company ID#: 1945580
<<

HighOctaneLove

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: 1997 Toyota Starlet Life 3dr

Post Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:38 pm

Re: The new Audi R8!

PaleOne wrote:Honestly I prefer the old grille & vents. A lot of cars may have copied 'em, but they were original enough on the R8 and in that respect they continued to look like the 'real deal' compared to the pretenders. The new grille just says "look what Lexus did, guess we'd better too..." And the new vents to me are just an afterthought - merely change for the sake of change.

Those air intakes on the side are a little over the top now too (but I dunno, maybe the new engine needs 'em?)

I agree with PaleOne on this, the older car looked cohesive and, although I didn't find it attractive, the older car had presence. The new car looks awkward and clumsy in some details (as pointed out by PaleOne) and overall looks like a bad copy of the old car. I think Audi has run out of ways to re-do their current styling language (it's been around singe the late 90's!) and they missed the chance to try something new with this car... But my feelings are academic anyway since I cannot afford an old R8, let alone the current model! :D
Bogliq Automotive #1929007
Leeroy Racecraft #1930086
Previous

Return to Off Topic