FAQ  •  Login

Ideas For A Crazy Real Life Engine (Money No Limit)

<<

HighOctaneLove

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: 1997 Toyota Starlet Life 3dr

Post Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:35 pm

Re: Ideas For A Crazy Real Life Engine (Money No Limit)

FYI you need a lot of engineering information before you could even start hypothesising as to what some of these new materials will be useful for, let alone if they could be used in an IC engine. Many would agree that the F1 engine represents the pinnacle of what can be done with existing materials and technology yet there isn't a road car engine that could hold a candle to these F1 engines. So if current tech is capable of producing extreme motors then what specific benefit do you envisage getting from these new materials?

More RPM's? The gas turbine engine is much better at handling high RPM's than piston engines and uses current materials. Harder revving engines aren't always the best choice, especially if you're moving weight, so it'd be better to look at technologies that improve engine flexibility rather than outright rev range.

Better efficiency and less pollution? Changing the fuel to hydrogen solves the pollution issue and hydrogen is literally everywhere so efficiency isn't so important anymore. Besides, converting to electric motors neatly sidesteps all the engineering issues with using hydrogen and is cleaner across the board.

So, rather than suggest uses for materials that no-one fully understands, maybe you could theorise about something worthwile, like how does someone go about making an electric car that will capture the imagination of the car enthusiast!
Bogliq Automotive #1929007
Leeroy Racecraft #1930086
<<

np1993

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: used to own an 1986 Camaro

Post Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:20 pm

A reliable rotary engine would be pretty sweet if we are throwing random concepts around :-p

CEO of Prato Motor Car Company - Company ID: 1946393
Supreme Overseer of Comrade Motors - Company ID: 1939003

http://www.automationhub.net/company-ca ... mpanyID=35
<<

supraman

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: 1990 eagle talon tsi fwd

1994 toyota supra na-t

1983 mustang gt turbo

1995 f150

2001 ford focus

Post Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:18 pm

alright, I will play.If I had no money limit and could build any motor I wanted I would start with a simple 2jz.

The block would be billet
next the engine would be bored out and stroked to be a 3.4L - 3.6L, a billet crank, rods and pistons would be used.

the head would see extensive porting and polishing as well as 1mm over sized valves, dual titanium valve springs and retainers a custom set of 294 degree race cams and a set of either HKS V2 cam gears or Titan motorsports cam gears.

the engine would have a dry sump oil system, and cam driven fuel supply

it would feature a hypertune intake manifold paired with an accufab 125mm throttle boddy

moving onto the the exhaust side it would have a one off turbo manifold with a 3 int vband for the turbo to sit onto and be mated to 100mm turbo with around a 1.0A/R to keep the spool times down, out the back of the turbo it would have a 4.5 inch vband and 4.5 inch straight piped exhaust so the turbo could flow.

I think motor wise that should cover it may have missed some small stuff but meh
Cheif Designer, and CEO of Charma Automobiles.

Company ID: 2014463
<<

CCB

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: Automation Cars!

Post Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:37 am

Wow, what a dreamer I am.
<<

Pleb

4-Star Beta Tester
4-Star Beta Tester

Cars: I have TWO Peugeots. Please feel sorry for me.

Post Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:16 am

A slightly late reply to a dead thread.. :P
Previous

Return to Off Topic