FAQ  •  Login

Negative Durability

<<

Desick

Cars: Suzuki Aerio
Plymouth Acclaim

Post Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:00 am

Negative Durability

Is this supposed to happen? For some reason in some of the scenarios I was working on, I got Negative Durability. Is this actually a thing? Or is this a bizarre glitch?
What makes an engine negatively-durable?
<<

squidhead

Cars: BMW E34

Post Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:04 am

Re: Negative Durability

Vikus got serious competition it seems.

Anyways, you could at least show us the engine graph and stress screen
<<

Desick

Plymouth Acclaim

Post Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:24 am

I apologize, I didn't get to save it. It was last night, I was tired and grumpy so I just closed out of the game. I wasn't sure if anybody had similar issues, if it was already reported, or it was something I missed in the game itself.
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Honda Civic VTI-S MY13

Post Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:29 am

I've seen negative economy and bizarre figures come from glitches in the mathematical modelling, but negative durability doesn't appear to be a glitch commonly encountered in the game, so if you do find it again, posting the car/screenshots in question may help us discover whether it's a game issue or an installation issue.
<<

Desick

Plymouth Acclaim

Post Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:32 am

strop wrote:I've seen negative economy and bizarre figures come from glitches in the mathematical modelling, but negative durability doesn't appear to be a glitch commonly encountered in the game, so if you do find it again, posting the car/screenshots in question may help us discover whether it's a game issue or an installation issue.

alright, next time I encounter it, i'll post a screenshot. I'll probably end up running into it again sometime soon
<<

Killrob

Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert
Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert

Cars: I owned a Twingo... totally bad-ass!

Post Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:06 am

I think it is in the Cold Steel Taxi scenario if you select 4bbl carbs or something. It is not really a glitch as you should end up with zero reliability unless you draw up the quality slider a lot. So the bug is displaying negative numbers, but the calcs are correct. Parts that you unlock with tech pool suffer from reliability issues which you need to offset with quality.

Return to Support