"The Goggles, They Do Nothin'!" LUA Error 216

<<

AlternateSteve90

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: A 2000 Ford Expedition.

Post Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:06 am

"The Goggles, They Do Nothin'!" LUA Error 216

I tried posting this in the bug thread, but it was apparently the last post of the current page, so it got buried.

After installing this latest update, I ended up coming across this very strange error.

I've never seen this before, and the game was working just fine yesterday; unfortunately, now it won't even load properly-I've tried restarting Steam and checking the game's cache, but neither of them worked. :|
<<

thecarlover

Cars: Not the 2011 Porsche 911 Turbo Cabriolet in the photo.

Post Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:11 am

Re: "The Goggles, They Do Nothin'!" LUA Error 216

There's a lot about this in the beta bug thread. A minor beta update was released the other day, and you can get rid of this bug by moving your cars and engines folder to another location. The devs are looking as to what's causing it, so you could add your cars and engines back a few at a time until you find the one that's causing the issue.
Car showcase thread: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=8227
Mods thread: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=8552

<<

AlternateSteve90

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:35 am

thecarlover wrote:There's a lot about this in the beta bug thread. A minor beta update was released the other day, and you can get rid of this bug by moving your cars and engines folder to another location. The devs are looking as to what's causing it, so you could add your cars and engines back a few at a time until you find the one that's causing the issue.

Thanks! I think it worked just fine; apparently, Automation simply generates a new folder if the old one is missing. Awesome feature. :D

I decided to go ahead and just delete any of the spare car models that popped up between the 30th and this latest update, and see if that'll allow the game to load with all my properly finished models again. :)

Edit: Nope. It broke the game all over again. Guess I'll just have to wait until they fix the problem, because I have *way* too many models to be able to sort thru them all one by one.
<<

thecarlover

Cars: Not the 2011 Porsche 911 Turbo Cabriolet in the photo.

Post Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:28 am

AlternateSteve90 wrote:
thecarlover wrote:There's a lot about this in the beta bug thread. A minor beta update was released the other day, and you can get rid of this bug by moving your cars and engines folder to another location. The devs are looking as to what's causing it, so you could add your cars and engines back a few at a time until you find the one that's causing the issue.

Thanks! I think it worked just fine; apparently, Automation simply generates a new folder if the old one is missing. Awesome feature. :D

I decided to go ahead and just delete any of the spare car models that popped up between the 30th and this latest update, and see if that'll allow the game to load with all my properly finished models again. :)

Edit: Nope. It broke the game all over again. Guess I'll just have to wait until they fix the problem, because I have *way* too many models to be able to sort thru them all one by one.

You can always add them in 5 or 10 at a time or something, and once it does break, figure out which of those last ones you added caused the issue.
Car showcase thread: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=8227
Mods thread: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=8552

<<

AlternateSteve90

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:11 am

thecarlover wrote:
AlternateSteve90 wrote:

You can always add them in 5 or 10 at a time or something, and once it does break, figure out which of those last ones you added caused the issue.

Yes, I understand, but, here's the issue. I don't just have dozens of models & associated variants.....but literally *hundreds*(not to mention hundreds of engines + their variants). Even at 10 at a time, it would take me *hours* upon *hours* to discover the problem(especially as I'm certainly not going to be able to figure out which ones are causing issues right away).....not sure I really have the patience, or the time, even, to do that, since I do have to try to find time to study for upcoming college finals.

I really do appreciate the help, but I might just be better off waiting for Killrob and company to fix the problem, and hopefully that comes sooner rather than later.
<<

stm316

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Ford Falcon BA XR6 (2004)
Ford Focus LS (2006)

Post Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:45 pm

You could do it alphabetically. That should be easier to locate the guilty party.

Return to Support