Release [B151208+] Bug Reports

<<

AlternateSteve90

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: A 2000 Ford Expedition.

Post Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:05 pm

Re: Open Beta [B151127+] Bug Reports

Has anybody else noticed that at least some vents still aren't working, at least where some models are concerned? This *really* needs to be fixed, TBH.
<<

Daffyflyer

Developer - Lead Artist
Developer - Lead Artist

Cars: 1993 Mazda Lantis Type R V6 Racecar, 2006 BMW 530i

Post Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:08 pm

AlternateSteve90 wrote:Has anybody else noticed that at least some vents still aren't working, at least where some models are concerned? This *really* needs to be fixed, TBH.

You're going to have to be a bit more detailed than that for us to work out the problem, which vents aren't working and on what models etc? Can you post some cars with the problem? :)
3d Artist, Game Designer, Marketing Guy

Follow us on
Twitter - http://twitter.com/AutomationGame
ModDB - http://www.moddb.com/games/automation
Facebook - http://goo.gl/omJzt
Chat http://automationgame.com/irc
<<

ArnRno

Cars: 2002 Impreza
1962 Super 88

Post Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:51 pm

FWIW, I have noticed some vents not working, too - clearly wide open or meshed vents letting zero air though - I didn't think to tell the devs, but if it happens again, I will.
<<

RobtheFiend

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: Opel Astra -99 1.6 16

Post Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:39 am

Adding a vent to the bonnet didn't add to the total cooling, i noticed that.
<<

Shloogie

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: 1999 Audi A6

Post Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:10 am

I'm experiencing severe lag whenever I click anything (be it change a tab or year or even try to modify the sliders of anything really). Anyone else got that problem?
<<

thecarlover

Cars: Not the 2011 Porsche 911 Turbo Cabriolet in the photo.

Post Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:17 am

RobtheFiend wrote:Adding a vent to the bonnet didn't add to the total cooling, i noticed that.

I noticed that as well. The vent itself gets a cooling value, but it's not added up to the total, and it's not registered in the trim cooling tab as well.
Car showcase thread: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=8227
Mods thread: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=8552

<<

ArnRno

Cars: 2002 Impreza
1962 Super 88

Post Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:31 am

Shloogie wrote:I'm experiencing severe lag whenever I click anything (be it change a tab or year or even try to modify the sliders of anything really). Anyone else got that problem?

When changing years on a trim/ engine variant, yes, but not usually more than two or three seconds. I do notice some lag and skips around when doing track runs, too. Also, for all the upgrades and additions they did to the track sounds and etc. this go round, I am honestly... underwhelmed. If I knew how to go back to the last solid build, I would, no joke.

Another thing - should we be going on about his in a different thread? It's not a beta anymore, so I'm just not sure, I don't want to post in the wrong place...
<<

Killrob

Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert

Cars: I owned a Twingo... totally bad-ass!

Post Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:52 am

Shloogie wrote:I'm experiencing severe lag whenever I click anything (be it change a tab or year or even try to modify the sliders of anything really). Anyone else got that problem?

That would be expected if you are running Windows XP, which doesn't have multithreaded calculations and more or less becomes unplayable because of that on weaker machines. Is that the case for you?
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Honda Civic VTI-S MY13

Post Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:56 am

thecarlover wrote:
RobtheFiend wrote:Adding a vent to the bonnet didn't add to the total cooling, i noticed that.

I noticed that as well. The vent itself gets a cooling value, but it's not added up to the total, and it's not registered in the trim cooling tab as well.

This is not a new phenomenon (I've noticed this in certain circumstances for several months), and may be to do with the vent somehow being zoned outside of the effective area for the engine bay. This may or may not have anything to do with a problem with the game engine. Exactly which vent was used, where was the vent placed, and if you moved the vent forward on the bonnet, did it change anything?
<<

titleguy1

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: None right now.

Post Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:13 pm

Re: Release [B151208+] Bug Reports

---------------------------
Lua Error:
Step() failed!: [string "--client\functional\TrimDesignerWindow.lua..."]:4303: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'trackTime' (a nil value)

You can CTRL+C on this to report it.
Retry Cancel
Rennen Automotive
Historic Collection
Rennen. Perfection in Performance.™
<<

Killrob

Cars: I owned a Twingo... totally bad-ass!

Post Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:28 pm

titleguy1 wrote:Step() failed!: [string "--client\functional\TrimDesignerWindow.lua..."]:4303: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'trackTime' (a nil value)

You have been here long enough to know that that doesn't help. We need a description of what you did to cause that to happen and more importantly in this case: the exported car uploaded so that we can reproduce the error ourselves. I assume you get it when putting it on the test track? Which track? So much info missing here.
<<

Packbat

Cars: I, being poor, have only my dreams

Post Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:38 pm

The hearse (5-door) body of the '40s Large Sedan seems to be limited to 2 seats.
<<

Madrias

Cars: 2005 Hyundai Elantra GT

Post Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:59 pm

Four cylinder engines with turbocharged Direct Injection have no engine sound in the engine editor.
<<

Trifler

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: 1997 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4

Post Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:12 pm

I receive the following error when trying to edit a trim where the engine no longer exists. I am then locked out of my car forever. My suggestion: If it could automatically set the engine field to blank when this happens, that would be great. Then we could edit the car and assign it a new engine, rather than having to delete the car and start over.

Lua Error:
tolua++ dbcall failed!: [string "--SANDBOX_DATA\CEngineCalculator_PartsManagem..."]:373: attempt to compare nil with number

You can CTRL+C on this to report it.
OK
<<

thecarlover

Cars: Not the 2011 Porsche 911 Turbo Cabriolet in the photo.

Post Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:41 pm

strop wrote:
thecarlover wrote:

This is not a new phenomenon (I've noticed this in certain circumstances for several months), and may be to do with the vent somehow being zoned outside of the effective area for the engine bay. This may or may not have anything to do with a problem with the game engine. Exactly which vent was used, where was the vent placed, and if you moved the vent forward on the bonnet, did it change anything?

I'm aware of how it worked before, and that it would show 0.0 cooling if placed in the wrong place, and this works fine on the vent itself (on the roof of a front engined car, it's 0.0), but no matter what value is applied top the vent based on its position, which was about 150 when I tried it, that value does not get added to the total cooling value and it does not appear in the cooling values of the trim tab either. The vent has a cooling value, it's just not being applied to the total cooling for the car.
Car showcase thread: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=8227
Mods thread: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=8552

PreviousNext

Return to Support