FAQ  •  Login

[Solved] Lua Error :42: index local 'file' (a nil value)

<<

FenderBass1994

Cars: Mercedes Benz CLK 320

Post Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:53 pm

[Solved] Lua Error :42: index local 'file' (a nil value)

Hey guys,

The latest update has caused many problems for me, such as display settings errors, and many others. Now, however, I only have one issue. When I lauch sandbox mode I get the Lua 42 error which states:

tolua++ dbcall failed!: [string " --client\start scripts\init.lua..."]:42: attempt to index local 'file' (a nil value)

I tried reinstalling the game, and verifying game cache and everything seems to be in order. Within the game this is the only error I get, but it happens after every single click of the mouse or tapping of the keyboard and is very annoying. The scenarios work flawlessly though.

Also, If you ask for a log file, apparently the game has been unable to create those as well, and seems to not be able to save my unit settings(ie. kph/mph etc.) and plays the tutorials every time I start the game.

I think this is as detailed as I can get. Any help would be much apprecated! :D
<<

Lastgameking

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: 1968 Opel Commodore A 2.8L Inline 6

Post Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:39 am

Re: Lua Error

Hey FenderBass1994,

I have got the same lua 42 error.

Yeah you're right, it happens after every single click of the mouse or tapping of the keyboard in the sandbox mode. And when I can only move to the car model and trim menus, not to the engine menu or test phase.
Attachments
Schermafdruk 2015-10-16 21.19.39.png
Schermafdruk 2015-10-16 21.19.39.png (391.65 KiB) Viewed 9060 times
<<

FenderBass1994

Post Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:37 pm

Lastgameking wrote:Hey FenderBass1994,

I have got the same lua 42 error.

Yeah you're right, it happens after every single click of the mouse or tapping of the keyboard in the sandbox mode. And when I can only move to the car model and trim menus, not to the engine menu or test phase.

Thats definitely the error. Lets hope the Devs get around to fixing this!
<<

Killrob

Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert
Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert

Cars: I owned a Twingo... totally bad-ass!

Post Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:40 pm

Heyya! Thanks for posting this, we're investigating the issue. One thing up front: do any of you run the game with system administrator rights?
Can you give these steps a go? http://imgur.com/a/JgCDX
<<

FenderBass1994

Post Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:24 pm

Killrob wrote:Heyya! Thanks for posting this, we're investigating the issue. One thing up front: do any of you run the game with system administrator rights?
Can you give these steps a go? http://imgur.com/a/JgCDX

I've run the game with administrator rights since I purchased it, I believe. But I'll double check just to make sure.

EDIT: did this fix and it worked! I can't believe I went through all that trouble just to find it was administrator issues. Thanks so much! :D

Return to Support