FinkBrau

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: '96 BMW E36 M3 3.2L (Euro)
'10 Volvo XC60 D5
'80 Moto Guzzi 1000SP

Post Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:04 am

No administrator rights...

Hey guys,

I purchased the game a while ago, without even owning a PC. So far I've only played the standalone version on my mac through Parallel Desktop and it worked ok but uninstalled it a little while ago cause I needed some space.

Now I'm about to go on a business trip so I figured I could try to "install" it on my work computer and see the new game features while waiting in airports, hotels, etc... The only slight problem is I have no administrator rights and the whole thing is encrypted.

I've already managed to put some games on it by installing on another PC or Parallel Desktop and then copying the files on my work laptop, but so far no luck with automation. Also, I've already tried this method with Steam but it won't run without administrator rights and I've made some research, it seems impossible. This also means I converted my key to a Steam key. Does that mean I cannot go back to the standalone version? If so, I think I'm screwed...

Anyway, if anyone has an idea, I'm only leaving on sunday!

Cheers,
Pierre
<<

Microwave

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: Korean 2 Litre DOHC Brap Machine

Post Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:50 am

Re: No administrator rights...

You are indeed stuck with the Steam version. I don't know how else to help sooooo... over to the devs!
<<

cpufreak101

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: no license right now but i'll be getting a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer LS once i do get one

Post Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:10 am

Re: No administrator rights...

you could hack into your administrator account but you will most likely get in trouble by your company so i wouldn't reccomend it, and it needs admin rights for the visual C++ installation i think, devs should answer this one
Company Id:1945270
Galt Motors, excelence since 1945
(PS, Galt automotive is still Galt motors, i use it interchangably)

Return to Support