Tires on Loaded Cars Jutting out of Wheel Wells

<<

DeltaForce

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: Mitsubishi Lancer

Post Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:31 pm

Tires on Loaded Cars Jutting out of Wheel Wells

When some of my saved cars load, sometimes the tires jut far out of the wheel wells, beyond where their axle extensions should allow. It only happens on one axle, and from what I can tell nothing else changes, and I don't recall seeing this happen on vehicles with wheel wells that haven't been modified to have thicker/slimmer tires and longer/shorter axle extensions.
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Honda Civic VTI-S MY13

Post Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:16 pm

Re: Tires on Loaded Cars Jutting out of Wheel Wells

Does the problem still persist after you click on the trim tabs of the model designer? And were the arches flated in the trim and not on the original model? If so then the game is probably working as currently designed. Just make sure you click on the last tab of the model section before testing the final trim or you'll get wonky results!
<<

DeltaForce

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:39 pm

It isn't just when I load new things. This happens when I'm tuning cars as well, even if I only change things in the last tab area such as the transmission or suspension.
<<

nialloftara

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: 2006 Scion Xb

Post Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:40 pm

So the fender flairs look the same but it seems like the tires are too far out or are the flairs changed? I know from several sad experiences that if you have saved a car then try and edit the chassis tab the saves don't stick.
Chief designer and CEO, Centauri motor works, Centauri Performance Vehicles (CPV)
"Centauri: The Stars Are Within Your Reach."
Centauri engines Centauri cars
CPV engines CPV cars
Company ID: 1943047
<<

DeltaForce

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:00 am

The changes are to the car model itself and not the template. The body and exterior components all load fine, as does everything else from what I can tell, but the axle extensions make the wheels jut out past the wheel well, even if the fenders are as wide as possible and the axles are already as extended as possible. Interestingly, this only seems to happen to the rear wheels, which might be because my front and rear wheels are usually the same width. I know the wheels sometimes make themselves as wide as possible when advancing a design forward, so perhaps by keeping the diameter the same some underlying assumptions about the wheels are not being met.
<<

nialloftara

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: 2006 Scion Xb

Post Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:11 am

What I meant was that if you flaired the rears after you made the trim and saved the car, the flairs will not be saved, no error message, it just won't be there, but if it looks right I guess that's not it.
Chief designer and CEO, Centauri motor works, Centauri Performance Vehicles (CPV)
"Centauri: The Stars Are Within Your Reach."
Centauri engines Centauri cars
CPV engines CPV cars
Company ID: 1943047
<<

pHanta

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Renault Clio III 1.5 DCi

Post Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:53 am

I think I know what you're talking about : I encountered this problem building a car for a contest and I managed to replicate the bug.
Is this similar to what happens here ? https://youtu.be/SQIHNSx5GkM
To fix this glitch, I just decreased then increased the rear rim offset.
Caution : exhibits bias towards high-reving NA engines.

Return to Support