FAQ  •  Login

The Goggles, they do nothin'!

<<

Seven

Cars: Buick LeSabre

Post Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:12 pm

The Goggles, they do nothin'!

Fatal error while loading init.lua: [string "--shared\functional\LuaHelperFunctions.lua..."]:47: cannot open ./GameData/467141495_TPU_Hoodlatch/carparts/Vents/TrackAeroLatches1/parts.lua: No such file or directory

I just bought Automation on Steam, this is the first thing I see when the game starts. I can close the error and get to what I think is the main menu (I've never played the game, so I'm not sure if that's what it is), but the red bar on the bottom of the screen still says "loading", and when I try to click on any options at the top I get a new error popup. I've searched around, but I haven't seen anyone else with this going on for the Goggles error, and I'm a bit stuck. Any help would be appreciated.
<<

07CobaltGirl

Queen of Track Building

Cars: Chevy Cobalt

Post Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:04 pm

Re: The Goggles, they do nothin'!

The Goggles

It's been asked.
<<

Seven

Post Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:30 pm

All of the other posts I've seen are errors for different things with different filepaths and error numbers.
<<

07CobaltGirl

Queen of Track Building

Cars: Chevy Cobalt

Post Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:20 pm

Seven wrote:All of the other posts I've seen are errors for different things with different filepaths and error numbers.

Did you click the link I posted?

Seven wrote:Fatal error while loading init.lua: [string "--shared\functional\LuaHelperFunctions.lua..."]:47: cannot open ./GameData/467141495_TPU_Hoodlatch/carparts/Vents/TrackAeroLatches1/parts.lua: No such file or directory

I just bought Automation on Steam, this is the first thing I see when the game starts. I can close the error and get to what I think is the main menu (I've never played the game, so I'm not sure if that's what it is), but the red bar on the bottom of the screen still says "loading", and when I try to click on any options at the top I get a new error popup. I've searched around, but I haven't seen anyone else with this going on for the Goggles error, and I'm a bit stuck. Any help would be appreciated.

You are correct, however, that these are mostly referencing an "init.lua" error, where your error is referencing a specific part having an error (or in all honesty, is missing). To be more specific, it is referencing this exact part:

"467141495_TPU_Hoodlatch/carparts/Vents/TrackAeroLatches1/parts.lua"

which can be located in the folder I screencapped below. This is wherever your SteamLibrary folder is located, so it might not be this exactly location, but the path is pretty clear after this point. You can also see I don't have the specific part yours mentions in my installation. It is a modded part from either the Workshop or manually installed by the user (which should only be done by Workshop install method, BTW) as a mod.

I would start by removing the culprit and finding out if the problem goes away. If it does, you can try adding it again via Steam Workshop and see if the problem returns. If it does, then it could be a problem with the mod itself (I know others are using this mod), or a problem with your Steam and/or Automation install.
<<

zeussy

Developer - Lead Programmer
Developer - Lead Programmer

Cars: A crashed 1992 Suzuki Cappuccino

Post Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:15 pm

This is my mistake, for some reason my work Steam think I am subsribed to TrackPadUser's aero latch and keeps redownloading it. And I accidently packaged it up and submitted it on the public build. This should not be a problem as Automation should normally then delete the content on launch. But it looks like it deleted it after you have designed a car using those latches, and it fails to load them causing the error.

You will need to delete the offending cars from My Documents\My Games\Automation or subscribe to this item on the workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =467141495
Lead Progammer (The Guy that makes stuff happen!)

Follow us on
Twitter - http://twitter.com/AutomationGame
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/AutomationGame

Come chat to us at http://automationgame.com/irc
<<

Seven

Post Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:50 am

zeussy wrote:But it looks like it deleted it after you have designed a car using those latches, and it fails to load them causing the error.

This error happened the very first time I started the game; I haven't installed any mods or even started to design any cars yet. I will try subscribing to the mod you linked when I get home from work tonight, hopefully that will work.

Return to Support