FAQ  •  Login

Test Track Crashes/Exceptions

<<

BurningBridges

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Golf

Post Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:50 pm

Re: Test Track Crashes/Exceptions

Though I must add while this may be able to deflect the criticism of the constant LUA errors, it does not about the UI. The frustration of simply making car models is universal. It is also recommended that for their next game the developers study the concept of "lazy loading". I have made treeviews with 10,000s of nodes which run flawless while this game slogs down from the very first node, because the complete game is simulated in the background whenever you activate a node. That results in a experience of a game locking up for seconds, playing sound files and crashing merrily while all you do is move a node from a to b. Very bad design.
<<

Killrob

Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert
Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert

Cars: I owned a Twingo... totally bad-ass!

Post Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:11 am

BurningBridges wrote:Though I must add while this may be able to deflect the criticism of the constant LUA errors, it does not about the UI. The frustration of simply making car models is universal. It is also recommended that for their next game the developers study the concept of "lazy loading". I have made treeviews with 10,000s of nodes which run flawless while this game slogs down from the very first node, because the complete game is simulated in the background whenever you activate a node. That results in a experience of a game locking up for seconds, playing sound files and crashing merrily while all you do is move a node from a to b. Very bad design.

That is the case with XP only because the XP version of the game doesn't do multithreading and thus cannot keep one "channel" free for UI interactions and sounds.
<<

BurningBridges

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Golf

Post Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:43 am

Ok, that sounds logical. I will keep the issue closed until I see the game under Windows 7.
Previous

Return to Support