FAQ  •  Login

how do you imagine multiplayer?

<<

lordvader1

Cars: A Golf Buggy!

Post Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:55 am

how do you imagine multiplayer?

how will multiplayers look like? i am trying to imagine but i cant

-here's what i sm thinking for example, that one person can make a company, (one person can only have one company, which you can change name, badge, etc)

-you, have starter money . so you start as a tiny factory, somewhere on the map where you can choose or random

-now you make cars. and sells them, but who? virtual economy, which would be server sided, and is controlled by you, so you can increase or decrease demand for example hatchbacks, sedands

-so people can compete with each other, who will sell more cars, make more money, make the best performance, etc

-since the planet would be too crowded, there would be sessions like gta 5

idk how i got this idea, i played too much gearcity.this idea is basically mmo gearcity, replacing AI with people,
<<

squidhead

Cars: BMW E34

Post Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:25 am

Re: how do you imagine multiplayer?

I just imagine challenges with deadlines and an automated process... much like on forums but easier to do.
<<

Killrob

Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert
Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert

Cars: I owned a Twingo... totally bad-ass!

Post Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:31 am

True that, squidhead, that is part of it. There will be 8 player free for all and other formats playing out within a normal campaign too though, with AI competitors in the mix.
<<

squidhead

Cars: BMW E34

Post Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:36 am

So does that mean that a host of a compatition sets the rules using a separate menu, and everybody just automatically get restricted by them? Also I take it sending in car exports over the forum will be a thing of the past then. This will make a lot of things a lot easier, even though I'm fairly certain competitions like AMWEC or BRC will be highly anticipated by many and will have to go through forums.
<<

Packbat

Cars: I, being poor, have only my dreams

Post Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:14 am

Car exports over the forums will probably continue as a contest format for a good long time, actually. Barring the developers coming up with a scripting system for designing custom contests, I mean - which I suppose they could, actually.

Even then, I'm having a hard time imagining something like Zabhawkin's KOH being easy to implement.

Return to Developer Questions