FAQ  •  Login

Used Cars

<<

PMP1337

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Fiat Brava

Post Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:53 am

Used Cars

Somewhere in a LDU, by the way, when is the next LDU coming out? Anyway, killrob mention used cars are the reason the affordability never reaches high values on budget cars and that used cars also have an effect on competitiveness.
I would like to know more about this. Do used cars count towards the brand value? Does reliability affect the future used car? Do used cars stop counting after for example the leaded ban? Do people stop buying them after safety gets lower than minimun required?
<<

Killrob

Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert
Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert

Cars: I owned a Twingo... totally bad-ass!

Post Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:28 pm

Re: Used Cars

The next LDU comes out later today :)

Used cars will count towards brand value/image, yes. Reliability affects the used car market a lot, as does environmental resistance. Hadn't thought about the safety issue, but that is enforced only on factory-new cars as far as I know? The perception of how safe a car needs to be potentially changes over the years in different regions, that certainly will affect the used car market too, although less than the new car market.

There will be more info on that coming once we actually implement it, which requires "Time" in the game... and we don't have that yet.
Cheers!

Return to Developer Questions