FAQ  •  Login

Tooling/Engineering costs between trims

<<

THE_STIG

Cars: Invisible boatmobile

Post Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:26 pm

Tooling/Engineering costs between trims

Hi!

I don't know if I missed something here I've been trying to follow the dev updates but now that we have tooling and engineering costs represented in the game, I'm curious as to how that affects vehicles with multiple models or trims (similarly with engines of different variants).

Engineering time does not appear to gain any benefit from being a sub-trim of a certain model (likewise with engines), and on the tooling cost output on the final page it specifically mentions the tooling cost for the trim. In reality multiple trim levels of a car are often built in the same factory as there is significant part and process sharing to make the whole operation cheaper than just spinning up a new factory. Will this be represented in the game in the future?
<<

Killrob

Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert
Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert

Cars: I owned a Twingo... totally bad-ass!

Post Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:32 pm

Re: Tooling/Engineering costs between trims

You're a bit ahead of the curve with that question, this stuff is what we are working our right now and will be shown in an early implementation in the next Little Dev Update.
<<

THE_STIG

Cars: Invisible boatmobile

Post Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:09 pm

Re: Tooling/Engineering costs between trims

Killrob wrote:You're a bit ahead of the curve with that question, this stuff is what we are working our right now and will be shown in an early implementation in the next Little Dev Update.

Yeah I figured I might just be getting a bit ahead of myself, looking forward to seeing it in the update!

Return to Developer Questions