FAQ  •  Login

Screenshot resolution

<<

utopian201

Naturally Aspirated

Post Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:17 am

Screenshot resolution

Hi
I have updated my standalone version to 151002.
When I run in windowed mode at 1366x768 with the old version, the resolution of screenshots (using the camera button) was 2520x933
But with the latest version, it is 1261x709.

Is there a way to get large resolution screenshots again? I'd like them larger so when I use them in photoshops etc, they won't lose quality.
Aurora Motor Company: Nothing Comes Close | Youtube ads: Aurora Manticore - "Dyno"
Auto magazine plus directories - list your car in the appropriate directory to be considered for a magazine cover/article.
<<

Killrob

Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert
Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert

Cars: I owned a Twingo... totally bad-ass!

Post Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:29 pm

Re: Screenshot resolution

I think that is because previously the screenshot was not a screenshot but a capture of the render target (the viewport frame) which can be rendered to higher resolutions that the current one. I don't think that is possible if you have the UI stuff in it too.
<<

utopian201

Naturally Aspirated

Post Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:54 pm

Re: Screenshot resolution

ah yea I thought so. So currently there is no way to capture the viewport anymore? My notebook screen is limited to 1366x768 and actually wondered if there was a way to capture a high resolution image internally even in the old version that did capture this way, eg render at 1920x1200 or any output resolution independently of the display resolution.
Aurora Motor Company: Nothing Comes Close | Youtube ads: Aurora Manticore - "Dyno"
Auto magazine plus directories - list your car in the appropriate directory to be considered for a magazine cover/article.

Return to Developer Questions