FAQ  •  Login

a few questions

<<

davdean

Cars: mazda b-series

Post Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:29 pm

a few questions

i dont know if some of these have been asked before, so sorry if they have. but i have a few random questions i got while playing:

1. will there be any steam workshop/modding support? it would be cool to have a (virtually) infinate amount of body & trim pieces.
2. are there any more body styles coming? personally, i would like to see a newer model truck body and a willies jeep.
3. is there any plans for things like decals/trim? i want racing stripes on everything and 4x4 badges on fwd hatchbacks :lol: .
4. is there a way to adjust vehicle design (slightly) between trim levels? ie. puting a spoiler/vents on sport models, more cooling for bigger engines,ect.
5. how much control/affect will we have on rival countries?
6. will companies be randomly generated and develop along with you or will company-x get technology-y at milestone-z?
7. how much will historic events affect the game?
8. will there (can there) be a motorsport aspect? getting team sponsorships and building cars/engines with the intention of motorsports? :lol:
9. bikes? :P
10. will there be an aftermarket parts market?
11. assuming there will be the ability to buy out other companies, will you gain access to their cars? if they had a car not selling could you redesign it to make it sell well?
12. will all vehicles be compaired to each other or will there be some class system? (muscle, sport, econobox, ect.)

These are just some questions off the top of my head. i may add more later if anything else comes.

Thanks,
-David

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit! found the post about what will be included in the full game. Disregard #8
<<

UMGaming

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: None :(

Post Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:45 pm

Re: a few questions

1. yes
2. yes
3. don't know
4. coming in next big update
5. don't know
6. don't know
7. don't know
8. you already answered it yourself
9. no
10. don't know
11. don't know
12. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdGxoCnAYz8

Sorry i don't know alot im not a dev
<<

TrackpadUser

2-Star Beta Tester
2-Star Beta Tester

Cars: 2006 Suzuki Swift+

Post Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:07 pm

Re: a few questions

Here are the questions I can answer.

davdean wrote:1. will there be any steam workshop/modding support? it would be cool to have a (virtually) infinate amount of body & trim pieces.

Modding support is already implemented for bodies and fixtures, as well as test tracks, see these two sub forums:

http://automationgame.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=38
http://automationgame.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=36

Workshop support is coming in the next update.

2. are there any more body styles coming? personally, i would like to see a newer model truck body and a willies jeep.

More body styles are definitively coming.

3. is there any plans for things like decals/trim? i want racing stripes on everything and 4x4 badges on fwd hatchbacks :lol: .

For badges, Pyrlix has a nice pack with a bunch of letters and other things. http://automationgame.com/phpBB3/viewto ... =38&t=4819

4. is there a way to adjust vehicle design (slightly) between trim levels? ie. puting a spoiler/vents on sport models, more cooling for bigger engines,ect.

Coming in the next update

8. will there (can there) be a motorsport aspect? getting team sponsorships and building cars/engines with the intention of motorsports? :lol:

Maybe later as DLC.

9. bikes? :P

Probably not.

12. will all vehicles be compaired to each other or will there be some class system? (muscle, sport, econobox, ect.)

The way it is currently planned to work work is that you will have about 50 different demographics with different needs and budgets.

After this, your car will be given a desirability value for each of those demographics, which will then be used to define how well you car will sell within each demographic.

Return to Developer Questions