FAQ  •  Login

What is 4 seats actually ?

<<

Kev2442

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Post Tue May 26, 2015 2:41 pm

What is 4 seats actually ?

As the topic's name implies, I'm suddenly wondering what kind of "four seats" you have in mind.

1) Is it a smaller rear bench seat ? A bench seat or two bucket seats fused with a center console ? Two separate adult seats ? Two child seats ? Any of those ?

2) Is there any difference between 4 adult seats or a 2+2 in-game ? Would it be worth adding, considering it is widely spread among sports cars and is quite unpractical compared to two full-size seats ?

3) As many supercars can't fit four people, yet somehow can fit more or less than two, should we include 1+2 (like the McLaren F1 : centered driver, two seats half-behind on the sides) or 2+1 (like the Volvo 3CC concept : two seats plus one in the middle rear) along with the 3 seats (like El Camino : front bench) already here ?
I sure know this is unlikely as it's mostly useless and underrepresented, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

4) Besides that, I really see a point in either marking the difference between the disposition of seats for the same number (at least 2+2) or as they're quite regrouped already, unlocking 1 and 3 seats for sports cars and adding a description mentioning they're regrouped already.
In fact, a lot of bodies (mainly SUVs) are missing some, so why not add'em ?

I hope I'm being understandable. Thank you for your time and stay awesome guys !
<<

Killrob

Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert
Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert

Cars: I owned a Twingo... totally bad-ass!

Post Tue May 26, 2015 11:13 pm

Re: What is 4 seats actually ?

Currently in the game 4 seats are 4 proper seats and legroom. So something that would go into a small car that can't fit 3 on a bench in the back or into a luxury car where the seating quality is of high importance and you don't want to put in a bench.

More seating options will become available, the 2+2 thing for sportscars is a bit tricky though, because how would that affect the car stats in a way that is non-exploitable? Maybe by making it less practical than 4 seats, but lighter? Definitely something we'll work out :) cheers!
<<

Kev2442

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Post Wed May 27, 2015 4:01 am

Okay, thanks for the quick answer !
A 2+2 would be between 2 and 4 in terms of practicality, slightly less or more practical than three full seats, as we're talking two adults and two children versus three adults.
The comfort and prestige would also be somewhere like 2 seats and 4 seats.

Maybe we should move this thread to the Suggestions board, after all ? :lol:
<<

Therax

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: 1993 Nissan 240SX
1996 Mazda Miata MX-5
2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon

Post Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:03 am

I think that this already works out nicely without an additional UI option. Switching one of my 2-seat sports cars to a 4-seat interior in its small body leads to low Passenger Space modifier and noticeably reduces the car's Comfort score. It does raise the Practicality score with the extra seats, though, so seems to model the tradeoffs of a 2+2 pretty well.

Return to Developer Questions