FAQ  •  Login

Curiosity Engine Features

<<

DisplacementKing

Cars: 1983 Volvo 240GL

Post Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:46 am

Curiosity Engine Features

Hey guys sorry if i raise a few dumb questions here, just go of the feature page viewtopic.php?f=15&t=137, seams abit out dated. but got a lot of good info that made me even happier to have speend a few bucks on steam :D

and have been searching all over the forum for this, but havent been able to figure it out. has to do with the way bodies and engine configurations works, primarily with rear and mid engine setup. it boils down to this, what bodies are you thinking of in this configuration, just the reguler sports car designs (like is in the game rigth now) or will it include for ex:

* a family freadly hauler like the VW t1 through 3 with a rear engine.
* or /and include total fiction designs like a rear engine vagon or sedan (think chevy made one of these with a I6, not the safes but fun design)

and lastly i got in to automation late with steam and the v16 i read is something for early backers, and well it bieng my favorit engine of all time, ( that and the v12 merlin by rolls, but that is a bit ou of the scope of this game :p ) so my question is fairly simple, how much money do i have to pay to get the big engines then they are ready and then can i do it ? :D

sorry for the long post it is the first :oops: i have no idea if thise questings is to premature to ask, and realize it is hard to give estimats (i read the posts :P )

any how just a few thoughs, looking farward to the next update :3
There is no replacement for displacement!!
<<

Drake

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: 1986 Ford F-250 Diesel, 1971 Datsun 240Z, 2002 Saab 9-3 SE

Post Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:11 am

Re: Curiosity Engine Features

Rear engines have not yet been added. There were quite a few rear engined sedans and wagons IRL, and there will be in Automation as well.

I think the plan is to convert alot of the front engined bodies into rear engined versions as well to give players more choice as well as bodies designed specifically for rear engines. A modder already made a Porsche 356, but since theres no rear engines yet it wasn't released.

Not sure about how to get the V16's at this point.
<<

DisplacementKing

Post Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:04 am

Thax a lot Drake, was thinking /hoping this is how it whould turn out :) and really happy to hear that :D, now the waiting starts and soon ill hava a mid engine brick or something stupid like that :p

do you by any chance know if they will add a way to make the current exhaust stick out right behind or in front of the rear wheel well ? whould love to give the car a side pipe :)

any how gotta get back to making cars just reset the game after 13 hours and 10 models :p God i love this game !!
<<

Drake

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: 1986 Ford F-250 Diesel, 1971 Datsun 240Z, 2002 Saab 9-3 SE

Post Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:21 am

I'm not sure about the whole exhaust thing. I'd also like the side exit exhausts, and also I'd like to see more options like mufflers that hang below the cars body as some bodies don't really have much space for the exhausts.
<<

DisplacementKing

Post Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:43 pm

Hmm maybe later, it is totaly cosmetic so i understand that they dont prioriteres this. :)
<<

xABSOLUTIONx

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: BMW E36 323i Coupe

Post Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:42 pm

don't forget that the game is highly modable, someone will make side exhausts sooner or later
<<

OriginalUsername

Post Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:43 pm

Current gen (Gen 3) Renault Twingo is a modern example of a rear engined car (that's not a 911).

Hence, would be very nice if we can also have Modern rear engine (non sports car) designs, not just the older designs
<<

TrackpadUser

2-Star Beta Tester
2-Star Beta Tester

Cars: 2006 Suzuki Swift+

Post Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:52 pm

The smart fortwo is also rear engined.

And while I agree that having rear/mid engined variants of a lot of cars could be interesting, the current system limits us to one engine placement option per body.

The only way to create a car with a different engine placement is to have an identical body that is set as mid-engined or, when they will be added, rear engined.
<<

RobtheFiend

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: Opel Astra -99 1.6 16

Post Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:58 pm

I wouldn't call them rear engined at all. The engine is in fact in front of the driveshafts, therefore making them mid-transverse.
<<

Jakgoe

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: 1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL,
1994 Mercedes-Benz S600

Post Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:44 pm

DisplacementKing wrote:and lastly i got in to automation late with steam and the v16 i read is something for early backers, and well it bieng my favorit engine of all time, ( that and the v12 merlin by rolls, but that is a bit ou of the scope of this game :p ) so my question is fairly simple, how much money do i have to pay to get the big engines then they are ready and then can i do it ? :D 3

Okay, I'll try to understand what you mean. The V16s will come as a paid DLC for people who are not early backers. I can't tell you a price, and it's very possible that the devs have not even started to think about that. There is still a lot of game to be made.

Until someone mods side exhausts (which might have happened already), you can try to replicate them with other fixtures, like this:
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5373&p=72892&hilit=side+exhaust#p72718
World #1 Ranked Automation Player!

Co-Owner of the World Rally Team

Smolensk Motors Showroom

Smolensk Tuning

We will continue the Epic Rap Battles of Automation.

Return to Developer Questions