Engine Family Adaptions

<<

Corvette6317

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: None

Post Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:29 am

Engine Family Adaptions

I've noticed a lot of people (myself included) ask about the restrictiveness of the engine family system. I understand why you've made it the way it is. So here is my suggestion:
In the tycoon mode, have the ability to create new engine families based on existing ones. So for example if you have a SOHC engine, you can start a new family of DOHC engines that are otherwise identical to the SOHC engine and save development costs over designing a new engine from scratch.
This system could also be used for changing block and head material and changing V8s from crossplane to flatplane. Another thing I would like to see is if you could adapt one engine type into another, for example the Triumph V8 was essentially 2 of their existing I4s joined to a common crankshaft.
<<

Killrob

Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert

Cars: I owned a Twingo... totally bad-ass!

Post Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:37 am

Re: Engine Family Adaptions

That system you are proposing is not needed because of the component familiarity concept in place. The more you produce for example alloy heads, that carries over to any new engine family you make and cuts down engineering time. We think that will serve the purpose you would want to see.
<<

PMP1337

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Fiat Brava

Post Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:04 pm

What about pushrods? Will experience in pushrods help with producing modern pushrods, or the bonuses only stay for normal pushrods?
<<

Killrob

Cars: I owned a Twingo... totally bad-ass!

Post Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:29 pm

The familiarity will help you keep engineering times down, so you will be able to use higher quality, which indeed helps revving pushrod engines higher.

Return to Suggestions