A way to disable autosaving

<<

Microwave

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: Korean 2 Litre DOHC Brap Machine

Post Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:14 pm

A way to disable autosaving

Sometimes, it's a really useful feature. Other times, it ruins everything. Allow me to give you some situations in which it is annoying:

• The game often decides to recalculate certain things, which usually ends up making my cars go stupidly slow around tracks compared to what they used to do. I then can't do anything about it because even if I quit without saving, the game doesn't prompt you to save or anything, it will just do it without your input.
  • Sometimes, I start editing my car with a new engine, for example, and I forget to make a clone of the car trim so I end up fucking up the (one and only) original trim and I can't revert back to the original version.

So... can you perhaps work on implementing a way to disable autosaving? Or perhaps can you make the game prompt you and ask whether you want to save or not when you quit without saving?
<<

07CobaltGirl

Queen of Track Building

Cars: Chevy Cobalt

Post Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:30 am

Re: A way to disable autosaving

I find autosave is only useful if there is an undo feature associated with it. Yes, I'm aware there is a hold feature, but it requires activation by user input, and only allows you to go back to the beginning rather than undo one or two changes. Surely there has to be a common ground between always saving with each click and the old saving bug that wouldn't save no matter what you did (on occasion).

Return to Suggestions