FAQ  •  Login

New carbs

<<

jackmatt01

Cars: A VW Buggy!

Post Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:41 am

New carbs

From the 30s,through 70s most of the Brits engines came with the SU carburetor. The webber (DCOE) carbs was more for the Italians and Germans got the solex ones for building engines. The Rochester kind are more for the Americans engines.
So it would be a nice touch to add the SU carbs to the galleria of carbs in one or two arrangements for 4 in line, plus a three SU arrangements for 6 in line engines, knowing their where not so easy carbs to work with, but make the program more spicy and accurate.

The other thing is if the boxer engines came out, would be nice to have besides the side draft webber carbs the vertical ones to work alone or in pairs. But for the 6cyl boxer the where a vertical draft carb with 3 bodies instead of the normal 2 for the 4 cyl boxer engines.

THX
<<

TrackpadUser

2-Star Beta Tester
2-Star Beta Tester

Cars: 2006 Suzuki Swift+

Post Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:11 am

Re: New carbs

The DCOE carbs in game are already used in vertical applications in-game with V-engines. AFAIK the only reason they are called DCOE in the game is because the Webber name cannot be used for obvious reasons.

There has already be some discussion on the naming being incorrect due to that :lol:
<<

jackmatt01

Post Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:11 am

I´m 100% no to use commercial names and get tangle with companies.
What I´m talking is about the form object and its parts.

So the brand name We*****r made a 3 bodies vertical draft carburetor for the flat 6 engines

So the idea is when the flat engines come out have this carb alternative ready...
BD this is call IDTP 3C
<<

jackmatt01

Post Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:29 am

The brits use this kind of carb for many engines and many years so I think is a MUST have this design of carbs in the program....

and we can call them: XY carbs....
<<

Leonardo9613

4-Star Beta Tester
4-Star Beta Tester

Cars: '15 Ford Ka 1.0 SE

Post Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:54 pm

What trackpaduser said is that the designation DCOE was used as a filler. On inline engines, the carbs in game are sidedraft or actual DCOEs, whereas in the V-engines they are modelled as downdraft carbs. They don't differentiate between the two because there isn't much difference between them in terms of performance.
<<

TurboJ

Cars: Alfa Romeo 75, Ford Puma

Post Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:18 pm

The variable-choke carburettor such as made by SU and Stromberg would be a nice addition. Gameplay-wise maybe make it have a little wider torque curve at the expense of some reliability ;)

J.S.C Automobili S.p.A - Exclusive sports cars since 1959
J.S.C Motori Speciali - My open-source performance engines
Patriot Motor Force - 'Murican Evolutionary muscle cars

My Engine Tuning Video Guides

Return to Suggestions