COPYING

<<

Racer13

Cars: 1996 Ford Probe GT

2007 Intrepid Cruiser w/ 125 IAME Leopard

250 Superkart on the way

Post Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:21 pm

COPYING

I think this could be a great feature and I'm not sure why it hasn't already been implemented. If there is a reason I'm sure somebody will bring it to my attention. If it is already a feature, please let me know, tell me how to do it, and I will apologize for posting about something that already exists. However, the game doesn't tell its users much about what there is in the way of controls, so perhaps pleading ignorance is a valid excuse. But I digress.

Anyway, I imagine there have been plenty of you that have at one point or another found the use for a copy function. There are many things this could be applicable to, such as fixtures and whatnot which would make it easy to duplicate items such as vents and headlights exactly. No fiddling around with the size tools creating a fixture that might be slightly off. However I can see that possibly be more involved of a feature.

What I would like is being able to make copies of cars and engines, without any tricky with leaving the game and going into Windows Explorer. I can't imagine this being a complicated feature to implement. A button, a couple lines of code, and boom, now we can make copies quickly and easily.

The reason I bring this up is because lately I have been having issues with my save files getting corrupted and then I can't do anything with them, so I have to build the car from scratch again, and me being the perfectionist I am knows I will never get those fixtures the same way they were before, which bugs me to know end. These corruptions are more than likely just issues the game is having with my system, and I'm fine with that, but I would like a way I can back-up my work as I go along, knowing if something happens to one save file I can always jump back to a later point and go from there.

Maybe it's just me that wants this, but I feel like there are probably others that would find this useful.

Cheers - Racer13
"Racing is life. Everything before or after is just waiting."
- Michael Delaney

HP Craftworks
#1955013, Est. 1955
<<

maffc

4-Star Beta Tester
4-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sportiva

Post Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:29 pm

Re: COPYING

You can already copy fixtures on your car. Hold down the left shift key while moving a fixture and it will create a copy.
<<

Killrob

Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert

Cars: I owned a Twingo... totally bad-ass!

Post Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:29 pm

Fixtures: hold shift and move
Cars (Trims): Little clone button to the right of a trim in the drop-down menu.
<<

cpufreak101

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: no license right now but i'll be getting a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer LS once i do get one

Post Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:27 pm

i just want to bring this to attention, but how about copying of the models? since for example i might want to take one model that is FWD and using the same base i want to make a RWD variant of it, oras it happens all the time in real life, a company with many subsidiary companies use the same chassis and body for 2 different companies, like the chevy traverse and buick enclave (i think it was) have the same exact body, just different fixtures, and since it is possible to have multiple companies in game now, i think this would just make sense, and perhaps a slight bonus through reduced cost/prod time if 2 different company cars share the same body maybe?
Company Id:1945270
Galt Motors, excelence since 1945
(PS, Galt automotive is still Galt motors, i use it interchangably)
<<

Killrob

Cars: I owned a Twingo... totally bad-ass!

Post Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:56 am

Copying the models is something we have given a lot of thought to but currently this is a technical nightmare. In Unreal this probably will be a lot easier.
<<

cpufreak101

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: no license right now but i'll be getting a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer LS once i do get one

Post Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:02 am

Killrob wrote:Copying the models is something we have given a lot of thought to but currently this is a technical nightmare. In Unreal this probably will be a lot easier.

ah kk, hopefully it will be possible
Company Id:1945270
Galt Motors, excelence since 1945
(PS, Galt automotive is still Galt motors, i use it interchangably)

Return to Suggestions