FAQ  •  Login

Build factories in different Regions

<<

Sillyworld

Cars: Mazda 3 hatchback

Post Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:46 am

Build factories in different Regions

While I was watching the latest little dev update, I got an idea for the tycoon part of the game. How about if we can choose in what region we put our factories, and this affects the tooling price and can give extra values to some stats as prestige and reliability.
For example, it would be more cheaper to build cars in Archana than in Fruinia, but the cars will be a little bit less reliable.
<<

Killrob

Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert
Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert

Cars: I owned a Twingo... totally bad-ass!

Post Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:06 am

Re: Build factories in different Regions

... uhh, is that not somewhat obvious? You will have one HQ in the world and you can build factories in any region of the world. The main car stats won't be affected by the regions, although reliability and QA probably will be. Your brand image will probably be affected too, although your HQ location is more important for that.
<<

bundyaxl

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: 1999 Mercedes-Benz ML430

Post Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:35 am

Maybe the regions can get a new stat for "nationalism", not sure what the best terminology would be but basically how much a country wants to buy cars manufactured in their own country.

From what I hear you have places like Germany, France and Japan where people generally like to buy cars produced in their own countries, but places like the US and Canada where I'm at there's a big mix of opinions, I live in a automotive city with a rich union background so here there's a trend towards American cars but the rest of the country doesn't make cars and we don't have our own brands so a country like this wouldn't care as much where the cars are made.
The US makes cars but the big difference is there's so many people from all around the world that the opinion sways from American.
I was born in Europe, live in Canada and drive a European car.
Obviously places where they don't make cars wouldn't care at all because they have no choice.
<<

nialloftara

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: 2006 Scion Xb

Post Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:57 am

Chief designer and CEO, Centauri motor works, Centauri Performance Vehicles (CPV)
"Centauri: The Stars Are Within Your Reach."
Centauri engines Centauri cars
CPV engines CPV cars
Company ID: 1943047

Return to Suggestions