<<

viovannelli

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: Ford Focus

Post Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:50 pm

Shortcut to success

Dear all,

During these days the Volkswagen's scandal have made me think...

Is possible in some way to implement this kind of shortcuts in the game?
For example a slider could be added to engine and vehicle in order to set the level
of compliance to regulatory standard and declared performance data.
At this point safety of vehicle could be questioned by class action, other companies
may denounce poor quality of vehicle and penalties may be applied by region government.
Poor quality of factory ( worker, technology ) may down car quality and then you may be
force to a recall campaign.
In this way the game should be more unpredictability..

Another point is that at the moment to get new technologies you need to push up
r&d costs, this is right but this is not the only way, if you don't have enough money you
never been able to make a enhanced technology car.
As discussed in another post joint venture is a solution, but if i want to spy technology from
other companies..?
<<

Killrob

Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert
Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert

Cars: I owned a Twingo... totally bad-ass!

Post Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:52 am

Re: Shortcut to success

:) No, that won't be a thing because it too much goes against all other design philosophies: it is your design choices that matter and you / your cars are evaluated by objective standards without any roll of the dice. It makes the game predictable in a good way, you know that when you fail it is your fault and not "getting screwed over by unfair game mechanics".

Cheers!
<<

BlastersPewPew

Cars: Mazda 3

Post Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:53 am

Re: Shortcut to success

WAY off topic but I didnt even bother clicking on this because the title looked so much like the typical spam threads lately.........it had 0 posts and quite a few views too which reinforced that thought even more.

ON topic, I do remember reading a thread a while back about people wanting random events thrown in with choices that gave certain bonus or malus, the way Gal Civ 3 does it is quite nice IMO, there is USUALLY a trade off for some other benefit and it makes you think what do you want to do. I would like to see something like that implemented one day, if it doesnt happen though no harm done.

Return to Suggestions