Stance of vehicle & body design

<<

CarDesignNUT

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: Thinking!

Post Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:01 pm

Stance of vehicle & body design

First I was wondering about the stance of the vehicles maybe in the cardesigner adding an option to remove the lift from under the vehicle to see the stance at ride height. Also I created a classic truck and I wanted to lower the hood line but it only angled the front end of the truck and not lower the hood & front fenders. Sorry I don't have a pictures was going to post one but as soon I I reopened automation both my car models I created were gone so I don't know what happen i know i saved them.
<<

Killrob

Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert

Cars: I owned a Twingo... totally bad-ass!

Post Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:16 pm

Re: Stance of vehicle & body design

At some point down the line we will have "cars on the floor" in the game. Your car body specific question is very specific and I don't even know how that is relevant, so let me just say: there will be many more body styles with different morphs available in future versions of Automation and from the modding community.

If you aren't on the open beta already (Steam only) I'd suggest you join that, because cars not saving seems very B150707 to me ;)
<<

07CobaltGirl

Queen of Track Building

Cars: Chevy Cobalt

Post Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:40 pm

As one who suffered severely from the previous versions "save bug",which is exactly what you described, I can concur I have not yet run into this saving issue in the Open Beta version! Much appreciation to the guys for getting this sorted out! :)
<<

Killrob

Cars: I owned a Twingo... totally bad-ass!

Post Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:25 pm

We used up all our consumer good will in the last update with the save issues :P time to rebuild it with a more usable release. Thanks for the appreciation though, it took a while to kill them (all?).
<<

stratoroc

Cars: Vibe GT failbox

Post Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:10 am

Killrob wrote:so let me just say: there will be many more body styles with different morphs available in future versions of Automation and from the modding community.
(snip)

Enough body styles that if I want to make an [random car type supported by the game] in an [random era in the game] I won't be restricted to a body 50 years out of date like the pickup? If so I no longer want to complain against body age penalties when making a small truck limits me to the 70's
<<

Daffyflyer

Developer - Lead Artist
Developer - Lead Artist

Cars: 1993 Mazda Lantis Type R V6 Racecar, 2006 BMW 530i

Post Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:45 am

stratoroc wrote:
Killrob wrote:so let me just say: there will be many more body styles with different morphs available in future versions of Automation and from the modding community.
(snip)

Enough body styles that if I want to make an [random car type supported by the game] in an [random era in the game] I won't be restricted to a body 50 years out of date like the pickup? If so I no longer want to complain against body age penalties when making a small truck limits me to the 70's

Yep, there are some body types we need a lot more of, like pickups for example.
3d Artist, Game Designer, Marketing Guy

Follow us on
Twitter - http://twitter.com/AutomationGame
ModDB - http://www.moddb.com/games/automation
Facebook - http://goo.gl/omJzt
Chat http://automationgame.com/irc

Return to Suggestions