FAQ  •  Login

Freevalve (Camless) technology

<<

Diax1324

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Volkswagen Baja Beetle, several Type 2 buses (including a dropgate truck) Ford Fusion

Post Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:00 pm

Freevalve (Camless) technology

For some future technology (2020s and beyond) how about freevalve? Basically the ultimate head type, but horrifically expensive and difficult to mass produce. This would simply be endgame technology, but I think it'd be a cool addition to the game.
<<

Killrob

Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert

Cars: I owned a Twingo... totally bad-ass!

Post Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:17 pm

Re: Freevalve (Camless) technology

The game runs till 2020 and companies will be around +10 tech pool for stuff that they focus on technology-wise. This means that we would have to see any tech you want in game in mass production cars in the real world already now.
<<

Diax1324

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Volkswagen Baja Beetle, several Type 2 buses (including a dropgate truck) Ford Fusion

Post Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:57 pm

Killrob wrote:The game runs till 2020 and companies will be around +10 tech pool for stuff that they focus on technology-wise. This means that we would have to see any tech you want in game in mass production cars in the real world already now.

Blast. Alright then, thanks for the response.

I wonder, will you open up support for deeper game mods like being able to mod in 120/130 octane or devmeth or whatever other insane stuff in for us plebs to break our games with? I just thought it'd be interesting to attempt formula 1 engine remakes with 1.5 liter v8s producing 800 hp, or Perhaps 20 liter V8s? It'd open up some interesting possibilities.
<<

Killrob

Cars: I owned a Twingo... totally bad-ass!

Post Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:10 pm

That will probably appear sooner or later as a mod :P we just don't include it ourselves because it plays shit.
<<

Diax1324

Naturally Aspirated

Post Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:32 am

Killrob wrote:That will probably appear sooner or later as a mod :P we just don't include it ourselves because it plays shit.

Oh yeah totally. I wouldn't expect it in the actual game. I was just curious to if it was even possible to mod in.
<<

carskick

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: 2009 Mazdaspeed 3
2014 Mazda CX5 2.5 GT

Post Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:47 pm

I could send you my theoretical design for Opening and closing valves using electromagnets!

No but seriously, I've pondered the alternatives of camshafts for a long time. I figure technology and research will eventually turn the management of the valve-train system over to electronics and a computer, just like fuel injection has been. Imagine, no need for the pullies, belts/chains, and camshafts for this equipment. Just a beefier alternator to keep it powered and some copper wire for the magnets. I wish I had the time, equipment, and facility to test out these theories. Being able to control valves in infinitely possible ways seems like it would really improve efficiency and performance across a wider range of conditions.

At this point, I'd like to see Automation focus on completing the business aspect of the game. Once this is done, they can focus on adding features such as future tech beyond 2020. Or alternate types of techs that exist such as electric, hybrid, hydrogen, rotary, diesel, natural gas, etc.

If the development team chooses, which I hope they do, to keep evolving the game for decades to come, then the possibilites are endless. But for now, lets finish the core game. I want to play! =D
Name of Car Company: Kirk Automotive
Website or Forum thread: Initial announcement of first car: 1984 Kirk C130T
Company ID: 2015519
Current Compeititon: The Efficient Future - Make the Best of it

Return to Suggestions