FAQ  •  Login

Regions

<<

chema1994

Cars: Nothing yet :(

Post Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:40 am

Re: Regions

Yes. In Europe we definetely need individual countries for the most part. But for example we can merge Spain and Portugal into one region called Iberia and Andorra can be ignored.
Germany should be splitted into East and West.
France needs to be a individual region.
Maybe the UK and Ireland can be also a region providing that there are no major diffrences between the two.
About eastern europe I am not sure.
<<

xABSOLUTIONx

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: BMW E36 323i Coupe

Post Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:41 pm

chema1994 wrote:Germany should be splitted into East and West.

in soviet russia..
<<

Discovolante

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: '02 Volkswagen Passat 2.8 V6

Post Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:03 pm

Trifler wrote:Another reason against individual countries is that there are some really small countries out there. I see no benefit to having Luxembourg or Rhode Island be their own regions.

But there need to be as many regions as there are different regulations, for example some european countries like France or the UK had import restrictions, so it was more profitable to go and build a factory directly in the country, that should be refleted in gameplay.
<<

Killrob

Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert

Cars: I owned a Twingo... totally bad-ass!

Post Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:00 pm

Discovolante wrote:But there need to be as many regions as there are different regulations, for example some european countries like France or the UK had import restrictions, so it was more profitable to go and build a factory directly in the country, that should be refleted in gameplay.

Weird train of thought... why does everything have to be 100% realistic? I rather settle for "plays really well".
<<

8bs

Naturally Aspirated

Post Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:06 pm

Haven't i readed somewhere that the we could create/personalize our own region/country/map? Like a scenario? In that way we could compete against each other and simulate some of the countries that aren't included in the official map... so no need for more small countries!
<<

maffc

4-Star Beta Tester
4-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sportiva

Post Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:23 pm

I believe Killrob mentioned it on the last dev update.
Regions are defined in a csv file.
Pretty sure we will see mod region packs before long, ranging from ultra accurate real world to fantastical what if. Actually looking forward to see what appears
<<

Killrob

Post Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:46 am

Yes, it will be very simple to mod those. Be aware that the regions are all static for now and their implementation will change a lot over the next few big updates.
<<

PMP1337

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Fiat Brava

Post Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:28 am

Nobody mentioned yet but for me the most important aspect of regions is the stuff that doesn't change with goverments. Like the weather and geography. For example. Hot regions should demand extra cooling. Or regions with snow should have higher demand for AWD cars. Convertibles should have bad sales in snowy and desert regions. Good sales on temperate regions.

People keep talking about taxes and stuff like that but the tycoon starts at 1940. WW2 wasn't even over back then and you are already saying things like France has import taxes. In 1940 France was split.
<<

TrackpadUser

2-Star Beta Tester
2-Star Beta Tester

Cars: 2006 Suzuki Swift+

Post Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:03 am

Pretty sure the campaign will start in 1945, as there wasn't much of a consumer car industry during the war, since they were all producing stuff for the army.

Having climate affect cooling could be a great way to give more valid choices for the player other than always setting it just high enough for the needs of your engine.

As for convertibles, they are surprisingly popular here even with our cold winters, since the temperatures are really nice in the summer for convertibles.
<<

PMP1337

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Fiat Brava

Post Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:54 am

TrackpadUser wrote:
As for convertibles, they are surprisingly popular here even with our cold winters, since the temperatures are really nice in the summer for convertibles.

I actually believe convertibles are more popular in cold climates than in warm climates. It has to do with people wanting to enjoy the sun whenever they can. I live ina relative warm country and having the top down in the summer is torture, much nicer to just close everything and have the AC on.
Speaking of AC, that could be another region defined requirement. Maybe havin a new menu below the radio one for the AC/climatronic/etc...
Back to subject, another reason people in cold climates like convertibles is that they are more likely to have a garage where they can store the convertible, since colder climates are sparsely populated and the cold weather requires a place to keep the animals during winter(barns for example). How many times have you seen a garage or a barn in the middle east?

tl;dr You are right.
<<

Killrob

Post Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:44 am

PMP1337 wrote:Nobody mentioned yet but for me the most important aspect of regions is the stuff that doesn't change with goverments. Like the weather and geography. For example. Hot regions should demand extra cooling. Or regions with snow should have higher demand for AWD cars. Convertibles should have bad sales in snowy and desert regions. Good sales on temperate regions.

People keep talking about taxes and stuff like that but the tycoon starts at 1940. WW2 wasn't even over back then and you are already saying things like France has import taxes. In 1940 France was split.

That is pretty much what is in the game / planned. The calculations check how many days per year on average the country has sub-zero degrees or risk for snow / ice. That directly affects how much people favor the drivability stat, AWDs naturally produce higher drivability if set up for that. The only thing not done right now is the effect on cooling requirements, we'll implement that further down the line when regions are more fleshed out.
Previous

Return to Suggestions