<<

Whimpie

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: Hyundai Coupe 2.0 FX

Post Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:37 am

Staff/assistants ?

I was wondering,

Will we be able to hire a certain staff to manage and control certain aspects of the tycoon part that we are not interested in?
For example, I personally can't be bothered by keeping up inventory of production materials or things like PR management.
I would much rather like to hire someone to take care off all this for me so i can focus on designing cars and engines.

I have encountered these kind of problems in many tycoon games, In locomotion tycoon for example, i would eventually be complete occupied by replacing old locomotives instead of actually playing the game. This is why i would like the possibility to hire staff to do the necessary things that i don't want to do.

I thought it would definitely be a good idea to have the option to hire a management staff, also to minimize the amount of micromanaging that needs to be done.

For example
I don't want to be bothered with handeling the pr management for a certain area, I hire someone witch i can give certain task to perform for me and he will do his best to achieve my goals. These staff members should have some different levels, In the beginning of your company you can only hire cheap staff members that will work with a certain amount of efficiency, later on your company becomes bigger and richer so you can hire better, more expensive staff members that do a better job. Maybe your staff members could develop in level the longer the are with your company.

I just hope something like this is planned for the game?
<<

07CobaltGirl

Queen of Track Building

Cars: Chevy Cobalt

Post Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:22 am

Re: Staff/assistants ?

Well, that is how most Tycoon games work.
<<

Killrob

Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert
Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert

Cars: I owned a Twingo... totally bad-ass!

Post Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:07 am

To start with, we're aiming for having as little micromanagement in the game as possible and certainly stocking raw materials for every factory you own is considered micromanagement and doesn't add anything to the game.
How much automation (not capitalized) we're going to put into the management part of the game is not certain yet, but I think for the most part we'll follow the same lines as we do in the designers: "easy modes" or presets for the more complex and micromanagement parts.
<<

Whimpie

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: Hyundai Coupe 2.0 FX

Post Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:30 pm

Thanks for the answers

Return to Suggestions