FAQ  •  Login

Hood popping/improved test track sounds

<<

Diax1324

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Volkswagen Baja Beetle, several Type 2 buses (including a dropgate truck) Ford Fusion

Post Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:39 am

Hood popping/improved test track sounds

I'm surprised I haven't seen a request to be able to pop the hood open and look at the engine. just want this for purely aesthetic reasons. It'd be cool to take screenshots like this.

I'd also like to have some improvements to test track sounds. Why can we not hear turbos? I really want to hear my race intake turbos whistling away on my twin turbo 10 liter V8. It'd add a lot to the sound. What about engine pops that happen on the dyno aswell? I'd absolutely love to hear popping and farting exhausts as a car brakes into a corner. Something else that not a lot of people seem to realize, is that short pipes (Mid engined/rear engined) make the sound of a turbocharged engine MASSIVELY altered. ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd5lUZFvu98 ) I'd like to hear these alterations.
<<

titleguy1

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: None right now.

Post Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:19 pm

Re: Hood popping/improved test track sounds

Sorry, but opening a hood is just not a feature significant enough to devote hours of work into.

And all those things you can hear, it's just not too noticeable.
Rennen Automotive
Historic Collection
Rennen. Perfection in Performance.™
<<

Killrob

Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert
Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert

Cars: I owned a Twingo... totally bad-ass!

Post Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:30 pm

What would be doable is making the hood transparent in one step of the visibility slider, but an open hood indeed would be too much work for little benefit.
<<

Diax1324

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Volkswagen Baja Beetle, several Type 2 buses (including a dropgate truck) Ford Fusion

Post Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:58 pm

Killrob wrote:What would be doable is making the hood transparent in one step of the visibility slider, but an open hood indeed would be too much work for little benefit.

I'm cool with the transparent-ness.

Return to Suggestions