Transmission Weight

<<

ArnRno

Cars: 2002 Impreza
1962 Super 88

Post Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:44 pm

Transmission Weight

Hello everyone.

I am new, but yes, I did search (and search and search) and I haven't found anyone else mention this point yet, but, as of right now, all transmission options weigh the same. The standard, the auto, and SSG/DSG all must weight the exact same, because when switching between them, the car weight and weight distribution remained constant.

I came across this because I was just a hair over a weight restriction during a challenge and I thought, "well, I guess this guy better learn to shift, because we're a tad overweight," and imagine my shock/disappointment when nothing changed. In the real world an auto trans is almost always a heavier unit than an equivalent manual. I don't know how much more or less DSGs or CVTs might weigh next to a comparable stick, but I'm sure there's some difference.

Hopefully, this is an easy fix, just a mild oversight, but I ask of you, the all-powerful programmers.... Can we make the trans options weigh different amounts? Also, I didn't check, I just thought of it now, what about axle/diff options? Can/Does the weight change with those?

Thanks, all.
<<

Packbat

Cars: I, being poor, have only my dreams

Post Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:53 pm

Re: Transmission Weight

It didn't even occur to me to check this. I agree - transmission weight ought to be included.
<<

Killrob

Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert
Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert

Cars: I owned a Twingo... totally bad-ass!

Post Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:45 pm

That went under the radar quite a while... just changed it :) now automatics are 30% heavier for the same number of gears compared to manuals.
They do scale in weight with torque too, with a power of 1/2.

Real life example:
450 Nm, 73kg, 6-speed auto
850 Nm, 99kg, 6-speed auto
600 Nm, 65kg, 6-speed manual

This means a 600 Nm, 6-speed auto transmission would weigh 84kg.
This is now in the game and will be released with the next big update.
<<

ArnRno

Cars: 2002 Impreza
1962 Super 88

Post Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:49 pm

Dang, I almost contributed! ;)

I'm just glad that my first post wasn't a bunch of people yelling about the search function.

Glad that change is being made, though, I was shocked when I saw they weighed the same.

Love the game by the way - I'd been eyeing it for months, but I only bought it a few weeks back.

Return to Suggestions