Post Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:41 am

Tycoon Part

Hi Guys,

at first I´m sorry in advance if I make too difficult explanations or bad writing but I´m not an native english speaker/writer :-). Next I also apologize in advance if there is stated such a suggestions as I make :roll: I could not see any though.

Ok now that that is out of the way:

I´m lovin the game so far and am very keen on the upcomming Tycoon parts. I mean its a tycoon game after all. I recently started a new OLDTIMER Gameplay and got some Ideas out of the modern days that aren´t too complex to build in (keep in mind that I am no programmer so everything is easy to make with little effort ;-) )... but can make a huge difference in market dynamics. Also the replay value or mission type cound rises by a high margin.

1. Warranty
So - we have all those stats for the final car models - one of them is Reliability. So people will always buy the most reliable car right? Wrong - in fact, at least it feels like - not all cars do their thing from 0 to 250.000km or so. This could be a buisness opportunity. For example - your earlier cars are made out of sticks and stones but you got hell of a lot parts produced. Why not flood the market with it and put a high warranty label on it. Sure, you´d need Workhours for the repairs and consume the parts... but better than not sold in the first place :-).

2. Service
In addition you could add Services that are bundled after the car is produced - both included in the buying price and sold as a service after the car has already turned over - like checking the clima and making regular service. This would be very important for your long term reputation aka Marketing and so on.

3. Remarketing
Cars aren´t bought new and scrapped after x years. It would be nice if you could buy and sell your own cars as used. If a customer buys a new car he can give you his old one and gets a rebate. This comes also back to suggestion one as this can produce (crappier?) parts of your old designs. Those might not do well on the lets say european market but would be fine for 3rd world markets - thats how it´s done with computers for example in high ammounts. If not worth anything at all you could also sell the wreks for scapping and get some money back. This would make sense even if you make less money per new car as you buy yourself marketshare. Every car you sell, even if rebated no one of your competitors can sell :-)

4. Market Overview
You should be able to use marketing analysts to find out what the people on your target market(s) really want. So all that data you already showed should be more or less accessible through this gate - at a price of course

5. Use 3rd Party Parts
One of the big things in OLDTIMER or CAPITALISM 1/2 for example is, that in the beginning you can make money out of very common parts of your competitors. This would be great - so you could easily do more models with less Investment in advance. This would not be as effective in case of Marketing of course but could be a viable option.

6. Tageszulassung and Jahreswagen
I searched for an english word but haven´t found one. Here in Germany new cars can get quite expensive for normal people, but nobody "produces" good quality used cars. The solution would make a good business opportunity. First - you can "produce" cars with one day permit only - therefore its not new and it can be sold for less to the customer without inflicting sales numbers of same typed new cars. Second you could give your new cars to your employees for one year. After that year you have produced a one year old car, which can again be sold at a lower price than before - therefore you can reach other potenital buyers without inflicting sales numbers of same typed new cars.

As I told I´m thrilled about your project and am sure you do everything to make it the best game possible. As fan of the original Serieses you state I always missed out on some points and hope you can make those parts also happen - in the main game or as DLC. Maybe other guys have even better suggestions and for sure you´ve already talked about one or the other :-)