Cloning models?

<<

Boosted7M

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: 1991 Toyota Supra
2000 Subaru Outback

Post Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:29 am

Cloning models?

Do you think it would be able to clone models? What I mean by this is being able to clone a body shell w/ fixtures, but be able to change the year so that we are able to and new tech and features. This is pretty common when a model is introduced at the end of a technology cycle like in the middle of a model run switched engines and gear boxes on the GS400 and turned it into the GS430 which had the same body shell as the 400. I had some other examples when i first thought of this but the only other major one that comes to mind is Morgan, the overall design of the body hasn't changed in forever, but they are constantly updating the suspension and drivetrain components.
<<

ArnRno

Cars: 2002 Impreza
1962 Super 88

Post Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:01 pm

Re: Cloning models?

I think this is an important idea for another reason - sometimes I like to build a lot of trims of one year of a model, and I'd like to not have to switch back and forth between models (and risk crashing the game) or take notes, but I'd like to have all the suspensions/ transmission/ etc. options load the same as the first after I dial it in.

Say I build a car to the finish, engine is built, all the trans settings, tire sizes, brake options, air flow, suspension, ride height, etc. are tuned to the nth degree, then I want to simply make a different trim with a different motor, I would really like to be able to clone Trim 1 and just change the engine, but know that the tires and suspension are the exact same. Whether I fine tune it beyond that is another thing, but I'd really appreciate the cloned trim as a baseline.
<<

Leonardo9613

4-Star Beta Tester
4-Star Beta Tester

Cars: '15 Ford Ka 1.0 SE

Post Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:09 pm

You can do that already, just click the little car shape on the model drop down.
<<

ArnRno

Cars: 2002 Impreza
1962 Super 88

Post Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:46 pm

Leonardo9613 wrote:You can do that already, just click the little car shape on the model drop down.

I know there is a toggle for transferring all trim pieces, and body mods, but I didn't know anything about one for drivetrain/body options.

I will look for this tonight - thank you.

Return to Suggestions