FAQ  •  Login

Vehicle Body suggestions

<<

Madrias

Cars: 2005 Hyundai Elantra GT

Post Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:05 am

Re: Vehicle Body suggestions

Just came to mind that we need some really small cars. Compact cars and subcompacts would make some interesting design choices, I think.
<<

Felgen

Naturally Aspirated

Post Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:36 am

The game already has a lot of 1990s compacts already, if you overlook compact sedans and estates. I would love to see sedan, convertible and estate versions of those already present in the game.
<<

Madrias

Post Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:15 am

Well, if one looks at things logically, we can make a list of what's needed.

1: Sedan, convertible, estate, hatchback, and coupe versions of cars we already have. Yes, I know I've covered a lot, but there's a lot of cars that are only a sedan or only a hatchback. It's currently all too easy to run right into a situation of wanting to build something and not having a car to do it with.

2: Modern pickup truck. Could be done with one basic body style and lots of morphs, along with having 3 major versions of it: Single cab, cab-and-a-half, and double-cab.

3: More SUV's. I know they're mostly an American thing, but we have a choice between the 70's era SUV and the 2010's era SUV. We need some middle ground in the 90's for these things.

4: More wheelbase variety. We have the four categories, but it's a great way to show the current problem more than a sorting system. Wheelbase under 2 meters? One car. Wheelbase between 2 and 2.5? A good amount of cars. Wheelbase between 2.5 and 3? Just about the same as 2-2.5. Wheelbase over 3? Basically only the really old cars. Now yes, I understand, 90% of people will build out of the middle two categories. However, it's the same as the SUV or the Truck problem right now: there's simply not enough variety.

5: This is one that's a bit more of an opinion, but more morph variety in the vehicles we have. With a handful of exceptions, it really does feel like the only thing you can do to change some of these cars is to stretch the trunk a little and change the hood line.

6: More people-movers, both in the form of vans and minivans, as well as pointing back to SUV's for a moment. Most minivans and a lot of vans (and some SUV's) have seating for 6 or more people. We can't honestly have a car tycoon game where we don't have people movers. Sure, some effort was made to implement a few, and I'm glad to see it, but right now our choices are the 60's van (which admittedly is pretty cool), the 80's/90's van, and the 2000's minivan. Which, I suppose, is better than some of the other car categories.

7: This one's at the bottom of my list only from the point that we're not quite there yet. Cars of the Future. Currently, our last vehicle unlock is the SUV at 2008. We have no cars for 2010-2015, and we certainly don't have cars up to the game ending of 2020. Modern cars don't look quite as wind-tunnel-rounded as cars from 2000, they've come back to an edgy, more aggressive look. As for cars of 2020, just about anything could go.

8: Filling out the eras. Right now, there's a few big gaps in the timeline, though less than before. 1940, we have no coupes, just two sedans. 1950's fairly well rounded. Small car (lots of choices), big car with lots of choices, and a period-accurate truck. 1960 shows promise, but may need some work. 1970 needs some work as 3 of the car choices are the same car over three different wheelbases (and one is missing the 4 door sedan version). 1980 is well rounded (sedans, hatches, coupes, truck, estates, wheelbase variety). 1990 needs more trims for the cars it has (too many are just what you see on the tin, instead of offering 2 and four door variants). 2000 needs some variety. 2010 really suffers as there are too many wheelbase doubles with no variety (2 mid-engine coupes, two sedan/wagon) compared to the rest of what you get (Coupe/convertible sports car, SUV, Sedan/Hatch) and could really benefit from some trim variety (SUV gets a pickup body, sedans get 2 door versions). 2020 has no cars from the previous 10 years, indicating a major hole in our designing ability.

I know, it's a big list and a lot of rambling, but it's just stuff I've noticed. Most of this could be fixed with new versions of what we already have, a few basic additions to what we have to fill some gaps in, and some tweaks to the morphing on the cars to offer more variety. I have no problem with only having one sedan for a specific time period if I can make that same sedan look like four or five completely different cars.

Add to the list some specialty versions of cars (long-wheel-base sedans, bigger trucks) and Kei cars and the design list would be filled out rather well.

That, and I'd love to have a two-door version of that Cadillac-styled big four-door sedan, the one they added the drop-top to in this round of updates.
<<

partario

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: 1998 Ford Focus

Post Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:13 am

^ Great post, valid points.

Madrias wrote:3: More SUV's. I know they're mostly an American thing, but we have a choice between the 70's era SUV and the 2010's era SUV. We need some middle ground in the 90's for these things.

I have a 90s SUV body (based on Chevy S-10 Blazer) almost finished. It needs some finishing touches, morphs and could use a few more body styles (2-door version and pickup)

<<

Madrias

Post Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:40 pm

Wow! That looks really good, Partario. As I said, we needed something from the 90's in an SUV, and well, that's certainly screaming "90's SUV" to me. With the 2-door version (I know a guy who has a GMC Jimmy in a 2 door, so I know about what that'd look like) and a pickup (S-10 style single cab, maybe at the outside being able to pull cab-and-a-half, but I don't think I've ever seen a double-cab/crew cab S-10), that'd fill one of the biggest gaps we have, which is that the last pickup we can make is the 1970-1980 style one. Sure, we'd still need a "proper" big pickup (Ford F150, Chevy Silverado, Dodge Ram, Toyota Tundra) which could do a crew cab, but that should cover the "We don't have a modern pickup" problem for a while. Also covers the "We need something between old-school Chevy Suburban and new-school Ford Explorer" SUV market rather nicely. If the back on that can morph quite significantly, not just can you cover the Chevy Blazer/Ford Explorer with that, I think it'd be possible to cover the Chevy Tahoe/Ford Expedition group, as well.

Still, that looks awesome as it is, and it fits the round-ish era of the 90's.
<<

cpufreak101

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: no license right now but i'll be getting a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer LS once i do get one

Post Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:47 pm

hey patario, that looks really nice, guess it's time to make a replica of the red blazer my mom used to have lol, but yeah are you going to make the 2 door model, i see the 2 door model's a lot around here where i live
Company Id:1945270
Galt Motors, excelence since 1945
(PS, Galt automotive is still Galt motors, i use it interchangably)
<<

ohm1996

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: 2010 Honda Accord, 2011 Isuzu D-Max, 2011 Mercedes-Benz E250 CGI and 2013 Isuzu MU-X (actually, my mother drive these)

Post Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:14 pm

For the 90s SUV, I suggest to make these wheelbases: 2553 mm or 100.5 in for 2-door SUV, 3122 mm or 123 in for regular cab (long bed), extended cab and crew cab, while the regular cab (short bed) shares with 4-door SUV's wheelbase, to make it various configurations for the 90s mid-size pickup/SUV.
<<

thecarlover

Cars: Not the 2011 Porsche 911 Turbo Cabriolet in the photo.

Post Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:56 am

Not sure if it's been posted, but maybe some bodies inspired by prototype/concept cars for 2010-2020? Could also have some use if the game ever goes beyond 2020.

I've also been thinking that a body style inspired by the 3rd gen Prius would be a good addition, with a two door version to make CR-Z or Veloster style cars. As for additional 1940s bodies, there needs to be a generic American four-door shape, like this:

Car showcase thread: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=8227
Mods thread: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=8552

<<

vmo

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: A undestructable Toyota with 1ZR FAE engine, Honda Civic VTi EG6, Mazda RX7 fc

Post Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:49 am

Volvo xc90 2015, and Honda NSX 2016.
Company: Montes Cars
Company ID: 1940001
Visit the brand models http://automationgame.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=3995
In AutomationHub.net: http://www.automationhub.net/company-ca ... mpanyID=18
My YouTube Channel: https://goo.gl/1MtRpd
<<

Salvaged1Gdsm

Cars: 1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS (GS-T swap)

Post Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:51 am

I'd like to see more modern bodies since my company is a present day startup company and there aren't a whole lot of 201x bodies in game yet. Possibly some modern looking GTA V car bodies that are classed as "10s" by the lua files so there isn't as much of a desirability penalty, or if you really want to get fancy, make a completely original body from scratch and have it labeled as 20's in the lua files...just a thought
JD Motors
Car Company# 2015161
<<

vmo

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: A undestructable Toyota with 1ZR FAE engine, Honda Civic VTi EG6, Mazda RX7 fc

Post Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:58 am

Salvaged1Gdsm wrote:I'd like to see more modern bodies since my company is a present day startup company and there aren't a whole lot of 201x bodies in game yet. Possibly some modern looking GTA V car bodies that are classed as "10s" by the lua files so there isn't as much of a desirability penalty, or if you really want to get fancy, make a completely original body from scratch and have it labeled as 20's in the lua files...just a thought

My coming soon bodies are a huracán, odyssey honda, and im attempting a cls body
Company: Montes Cars
Company ID: 1940001
Visit the brand models http://automationgame.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=3995
In AutomationHub.net: http://www.automationhub.net/company-ca ... mpanyID=18
My YouTube Channel: https://goo.gl/1MtRpd
<<

Speedemon

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: A Birel Go Kart. I can't remember the full chassis name. 4-stroke, Honda GX160, makes around 5-hp (With limiter)

Post Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:59 am

Something like a more angled version of the big luxury car that is already in the game. Something like a BMW 7-series. :)
"I don't care how fat I am, I am getting in that car and I am going to win" -Speedemon
<<

BobLoblaw

Cars: 1994 Ford Taurus SHO,
1986 Jeep Grand Wagoneer

Post Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:40 am

I don't know if this would fit in the body category but I would like to see wood panel decals. Reminiscent of the big station wagons of the '60s and '70s.
<<

chema1994

Cars: Nothing yet :(

Post Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:12 am

BobLoblaw wrote:I don't know if this would fit in the body category but I would like to see wood panel decals. Reminiscent of the big station wagons of the '60s and '70s.

I think that's part of the body choice the same way plastic and chrome accesories are part of the body.
I would love to see it ingame :)
<<

Desick

Cars: Suzuki Aerio
Plymouth Acclaim

Post Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:55 am

An idea I have is more malleable base bodys. Like enlarging the Engine bays, making a "Old body" a new one, so there isn't the safety penalty. I'd love to see a brand new 30s truck on the road being as a new body. Or shoving a huge 15L V12 into a Miata by making the car 90% engine bay. Rather than the current constriction where you have to shrink the engine a bunch, I'd rather just pick a base body style and have it near infinitely malleable.
That's my suggestion for the vehicle body. I just feel constrained with what there is now.
PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions