FAQ  •  Login

Vehicle Body suggestions

<<

Tycondero

Naturally Aspirated

Post Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:10 am

Re: Vehicle Body suggestions

Ok, enough plain cars. We need some more special ones as well. Iconic cars, and not just sports cars ;)

I know there are lovers and plenty of haters with this one, but what about the AMC Pacer? Would someone be interested in making a wide subcompact car like the Pacer?

<<

Madrias

Cars: 2005 Hyundai Elantra GT

Post Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:59 am

There's always room for sub-compacts in my book. We have too many sports cars as it is, we need some subcompacts, compacts, sedans, and at least a couple SUV's.

As for the Pacer, I fall in the camp that kinda likes it, but I like the Gremlin a little more.
<<

Tycondero

Naturally Aspirated

Post Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:30 pm

Madrias wrote:There's always room for sub-compacts in my book. We have too many sports cars as it is, we need some subcompacts, compacts, sedans, and at least a couple SUV's.

As for the Pacer, I fall in the camp that kinda likes it, but I like the Gremlin a little more.

The AMC Gremlin is also nice to have. It is a bit more boxy than the Pacer though and more conventional. However, it is still a pretty interesting design, especially coming from a USA manufacturer.

<<

TrackpadUser

2-Star Beta Tester
2-Star Beta Tester

Cars: 2006 Suzuki Swift+

Post Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:21 am

It would probably be possible to have a model that does both reasonably well with morphing.

Something similar to those would definitively be interesting, and I will put that on my todo list when I am done fixing my old stuff and adding more mainstream American stuff.
<<

Mason148

Cars: 2002 VW Polo 1.4

Post Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:13 pm

I think that we need some more small crossovers/suv's for the 2010's because we are really lacking them and they are needed to be successful in the modern age.

Also a 90's/00's large suv will be quite useful as well due to the 30 year gap between the two vanilla bodies.
<<

Madrias

Post Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:31 pm

Also agreed. We need some trucks and SUV's in the more modern age.

Could also do with some modern aerodynamic designs for compact hatchback and sedan, and maybe a coupe. The default in game one doesn't have enough morphs to make something properly interesting with it.
<<

Tycondero

Naturally Aspirated

Post Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:42 am

Ok, so how about the Audi TT as a modern aerodynamic hatchback/coupe? Again a sporty car, but very pretty and unique IMO.

And here is a Shooting brake concept car from Audi as well.

The Volvo C-30 (2007), as a compact car (hatchback)

For a SUV, 1997–2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4-door, you can probably make a pickup-truck version as well.

You can likely also make a 2-door version of this one (Jeep Cherokee Sport 2-door):

<<

Madrias

Post Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:34 am

Those would do! The couple cars from Audi are nice too, and I learned a new variation of car. Never heard the term "shooting brake" before. Actually kinda cool.
<<

dolphusraymond

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: 2005 Toyota Tundra

Post Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:30 pm

What about the old Toyota T100? Not a compact, not a midsize, but a truck small enough to be driveable pretty much everywhere and useful for most tasks.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q ... 5250877965

Also, crew cab pickups.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt ... kgodshMAXQ
<<

Tycondero

Naturally Aspirated

Post Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:37 pm

The Toyota T100, would do. I think if used for inspiration you can make SUVs and Pickup trucks from the same model as different variants. That would also broaden their usability (along with 2 and 4 doors).

The crew car pickup, I find IRL awful, but if they are created a 4 door pickup might still be a nice additional variant for a new pickup/SUV model.
<<

Raven45

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Toyota Tundra

Post Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:55 am

T100 is classed as a half ton pickup I believe. With that being said, I would love to see 1/4 ton, half ton, 3/4 ton, and one ton pickup bodies with different cab and bed options. Especially since we'll eventually get engines ranging from l4 to V10s.

Basically a Ford Ranger, F150, F250, and F350 bodies of varying decades. Toyota Tacoma would also be another fun one.
<<

Madrias

Post Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:26 am

Something I just noticed while starting a build in 1940: We don't have any '40's coupes! We've got sedans, yes, but no honest two-door coupes.

Now, I may be crazy, but I do like the older body styles, the long, sweeping fenders, long hood/bonnet, and graceful curves that gave cars beautiful designs. I'd love to be able to build some fast cars using modern parts and old school bodies, but I would also enjoy it if I could choose to build a nice two-door car in 1940.

Granted, I know it's not really a priority, at least not one for most people, but I think it'd be cool.
<<

TauSigmaNova

Cars: I'm a teenager in NYC, you think I have a car?

Post Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:42 pm

SEVERE lack of modern cars...

Aston Martin/ Jaguar style coupe -

Modern LeMans body

Modern Crossover/Medium SUV - All we have is the one that looks like the current Ford Explorer

Shooting Brake

2010s Midsized/Large Sedan - The two available ones are both strange to me though I can't quite say why.

If any of these body-styles could be introduced, I'd be super-hype
<<

Tycondero

Naturally Aspirated

Post Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:59 am

Madrias wrote:Something I just noticed while starting a build in 1940: We don't have any '40's coupes! We've got sedans, yes, but no honest two-door coupes.

Now, I may be crazy, but I do like the older body styles, the long, sweeping fenders, long hood/bonnet, and graceful curves that gave cars beautiful designs. I'd love to be able to build some fast cars using modern parts and old school bodies, but I would also enjoy it if I could choose to build a nice two-door car in 1940.

Granted, I know it's not really a priority, at least not one for most people, but I think it'd be cool.

It should be relatively easy to mod a 2 door variant for the small 40s car. I cannot do it, but others certainly can. Also a convertible version for the 2 door variant would be nice.

TauSigmaNova wrote:SEVERE lack of modern cars...
If any of these body-styles could be introduced, I'd be super-hype

Tbh, I do not agree we have a severe lack of modern cars. We have a lack of pickup trucks and SUVs, but we have plenty of sport cars for the modern area. We could do with a new hatchback though and a shooting brake concept would also be nice. Do not get me wrong, I want as many designs in the game as possible, it is just that others should have more priority I think. Also cars that are from the earlier eras have the benefit that they can be used for a longer time in game when the campaign arrives.
<<

TrackpadUser

2-Star Beta Tester
2-Star Beta Tester

Cars: 2006 Suzuki Swift+

Post Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:05 am

I agree with Tycondero.

I started trying to make a lot of cars all over the years and the era where we are missing the most cars would be the very early period.

A few of the mods help fill up that era but we are still missing a ton of stuff that could be interesting.

For modern cars, we have stuff that fits acceptably well in most categories, except maybe city cars and pickups.
PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions