Vehicle Body suggestions

<<

RobtheFiend

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: Opel Astra -99 1.6 16

Post Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:47 am

Re: Vehicle Body suggestions

Ariel Atom is Mid Transverse. Not rear engine.
<<

VicVictory

2-Star Beta Tester
2-Star Beta Tester

Cars: A MURRICAN truck and a turbo grocery getter.

Post Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:51 pm

Just throwing in my 2 cents for the first time ever..

More 80's coupes, like the Subaru GLF or XT, the Honda Prelude, Nissan Pulsar, etc. Because 80's. :D
Ardent Motors Corporation
Company ID: 1934101
http://www.automationhub.net/company-catalog&companyID=40

Suzume Motor Manufacturing Industries
Company ID: 1975102
http://www.automationhub.net/company-catalog&companyID=60
<<

Jaggernout

Cars: A Wanderer Puppchen.

Post Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:40 am

I have a few suggestions for car bodys, witch could be interesting. I will point out the period and the reason the manufactures build sutch cars and will name a few models as an example. Don't be offended by the fact that i will suggest often german cars ore sutch witch where selled in germany, that is simply because i am a german. And because there is a lack of bodys up to the seventys, i will name mostly cars before that time:

---Europe---

1. Cheap small family car:
In the 60's there was a need for a car for young familys, assumed two adults and two children. These familys hadn't the money to afford to buy a "normal" car. The car should be mainly for the ride to work and for the weekly shopping.
Because of the fact that the labour was not as expensive as today but the steel was, the manufacturers choose a design witch would use the least ammount of steel.
Examples for these cars: Austin Mini, NSU Prinz (rear engine)

An other approach was to build a nearly normal sized car with very thin steel panels and miniture engines, witch means: They where underpowered (e.g. 13 hp at release), additionally one accident and the car was heavyly damaged or gone.
Examples for these cars: Citroen 2CV, Renault R4

2. Cheap "sports" car:
Everyone wants to buy a sports car, but normaly can't afford it, so this category was born.
There are two categorys.
In the first category there where cars witch looks like a sports car, but they lacked performance. Often build with a 60 hp engine in the beginning as roadters or as coupe:
Examples for these cars: Triumph Spitfire, Austin Haily (Frogeye), Opel GT (Corvette for the poor)

In the second category is that daddy wants a sports alike car witch have to carry the hole family.
Example for these cars: Ford Capri, Opel Manta

3. Vans:
I know, they are not intoduced yet, but the button is existing already.
They could be cars alike: Opel Olympia (1950), DKW Schnelllaster (Auto-Union 1949), Daimler-Benz L319 (1956) VW T1-T3, Ford Transit, Daimler Benz Sprinter

4. Miniture cars:
After the war the VW beetle was produced for the allied forces as an company car. Later on it was availible for the civilians but mutch too expensive. So some manufacturers found soloutions for it, often former plane constructors. For these cars mostly two stoke engines from a motorcycle where used.
Example for these cars: Messerschmidt Kabinenroller (rear engine), Heinkel Kabinenroller (rear engine), BMW Isetta (rear engine), Zündapp Janus, Lloyd LP300 (Plastikbomber), Gogomobil

More modern miniture cars as "city cars": Fiat Nuova 500 (rear engine), Smart, Toyota iQ, Honda EV-N (electric car)

- other normal cars: Jaguar XK 120 (1948)/FHC (1958), Daimler-Benz 300 SL (1954), Daimler-Benz /8 (W114/W115, 1968), Lancia Fulvia (1950), Lancia Stratos (1973), Audi Quattro (1980), Renault 12 (1969), Ford Taunus 17M P3 (1960)/P5 (1964)
- other "gamebraking" cars: NSU Ro 80 (Wankel-engine, 1967), Posche 911 (rear engine), Porsche 356 (rear-engine,1948-65) Renault Alpine (rear engine), Reliant Robin (three wheeler, 1981), Piaggio Ape (three wheeler, mini lorry/Van)

---America (USA)---

Muscle Cars:
Ford Mustang, Thunderbird

Race Cars: Shelby Cobra (1962), Ford GT 40 (1964), Doge Viper GTS-R (1996)

The BTW category:
- Because you have an hydropneumatic suspension availible, why not displaying the car witch introduces it? Citroen DS/ID (the godess, 1955)
- in the game exist a body for the Fiat 126, witch had an rear engine like the VW beetle, Porsche 911, Renault Alpine. Please allow us to place an engine in the rear. Additionally please allow the vents in the rear ore side to have an cooling effect for (maybe air cooled, if you plan to develop that) engines.
<<

Tycondero

Naturally Aspirated

Post Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:49 pm

Re: 40's sports car

Yay! I really like that. We have too few early year models anyway and both the 40s small and 40s large car look too much the same.
<<

07CobaltGirl

Queen of Track Building

Cars: Chevy Cobalt

Post Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:32 am

Re: 40's sports car

But, most cars from that era looks eerily similar anyway!
<<

Prestb

Naturally Aspirated

Post Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:14 pm

Any Nissan Armada (current ingame SUV looks nice, but now we need a bigger beast)
2016 Nissan Titan XD (need more pickups anyway, so why not a cool curvy one?)
Any Maserati Gran Turismo (has a simple yet cool body style)
Any Aston Martin (ditto)
Any Ford GTs (maybe or maybe not the 2016 model)

I only care about the Armada and Titan, I just added the other 3 so I didn't waste a post. I also wish the Nissan Armada were in any video game, or at least look alikes. People seem to not realize (or at least it never crosses their minds) what they're capable of.

It'd be pretty awesome seeing one in a Forza game; that alone would make me buy a Xb- k, off topic.
<<

UlyG

Cars: 97 Megane Coupe

Post Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:18 am

I think the current vehicle bodies are good, and there's obviously a lot still yet to come. But, I'd like to see more flexibility in the shaping of the bodies, i.e. more control over bonnet shape, tail shape, roof line, etc. More draggable boxes would make things a lot easier for those of us who value shape as much as the design that goes on top of it. :)
<<

partario

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: 1998 Ford Focus

Post Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:34 am

I'd love to see a low sleek late 80s - early 90s front engined coupe with "hidden" (covered in glass or just painted black) pillars. This kind of design was very common back then - think Nissan 200SX, Ford Probe, Subaru SVX, Toyota Celica (T160) and many others.

<<

Tycondero

Naturally Aspirated

Post Sat May 02, 2015 3:24 am

Can't we also get some more van like family car bodies? Like the Renault Espace. These models were quite common in the 90s and 00s. They are ugly (no offense), but they do cover a significant part of the market. Also making these could allow us to make a model that is the either the family car, or a pure company transport (van) vehicle without all the seats and windows.

<<

Corbanx

Cars: 240sx outside sr20det inside

Post Thu May 07, 2015 3:38 pm

Not a Smart car

<<

Sayonara

Naturally Aspirated

Post Thu May 07, 2015 11:02 pm

Discovolante wrote:My trip to Japan made me eager to build vans like a 90's Hi-ace

Bonus points for this, you could make decent replicas of every Hiace generation with the same body. Just look!
<<

MrK

Cars: Volkswagen Golf 1.4 Mk V

Post Mon May 11, 2015 12:17 am

Reliant Robin.

Come on, you know someone was bound to suggest it.
<<

maffc

4-Star Beta Tester
4-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sportiva

Post Mon May 11, 2015 2:03 am

You'll have to settle for a Reliant kitten instead as there will be no three wheelers ;-)
<<

MrK

Cars: Volkswagen Golf 1.4 Mk V

Post Mon May 11, 2015 2:15 am

maffc wrote:You'll have to settle for a Reliant kitten instead as there will be no three wheelers ;-)

But...but I was gonna make a Trotters Independent Traders van. It was gonna be awesome! :cry:
<<

TrackpadUser

2-Star Beta Tester
2-Star Beta Tester

Cars: 2006 Suzuki Swift+

Post Mon May 11, 2015 2:50 am

Maybe it should be added to the OP, but for now and very probably for ever, the following are not possible:

-Open wheelers of any kind
-Cars with more or less than 4 wheels

There might also be other things, but these are the only that come to my mind for now.

There are some things though, like rear engined cars, which are not possible right now, but are definitively going to be possible in the future.
PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions